Have a peaceful boxing week.

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

GRailsback
Outlaw

Re: Have a peaceful boxing week.

Postby GRailsback » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Rambo wrote:Don’t y’all ever tell my sweet Wife

I'll bet you name and number was on every girls bathroom wall in every joint in East Texas.
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:40 pm

LOL
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:21 pm

[quote="Joernolav"]Thanks.

My wonderful wife, who spent the day in the downhill slopes with boys today was in for some hot food. She cooked a pot of chili for dinner. That cleared my nose and head a bit.Image

As I mentioned yesterday GMTA

PC270002.JPG

PC270003.JPG

PC270004.JPG
"Good BBQ Comes From Experience, and Experience, Well, That Comes From Bad BBQ "
Joernolav
Outlaw

Postby Joernolav » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Looking great OUP.

Thanks to this forum I have discovered what chili is. Here's why:

Here in Norway we have for years been served what they call chili con carne. Haven't been a big fan since it contains so many different veggies. Can be carrots, peas, corn, beans, celery and onions and a little meat. They throw in what they have.

After I bought the Sucklebusters packets it's been a hit in our family. All four enjoy a dinner of this and we understand that the version served here has nothing to do with chili. It's just a vegetable stew.

The new thing here now is chili SIN carne. That is because some governments agencies want us to cut drastically in the use of meat. Due to environmental and CO2 emissions. It's hopeless and won't happen in our family. The environmentalists have even invented a couple of new words (directly translated): meatshame, flightshame and a couple more.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:49 pm

Interesting tid bits there, Joe :tup:

As far as Enviornmentalists go, their real agenda is the all mighty Dollar and nothing else. If they had their way, Poverty would run rampant every where because of shut down businesses and unemployed.

I think I'll Google and see what "THEY" say about the origin of Chili - - - - I would think that it evolved from the Cowboy days but don't really know. :dont:
"Good BBQ Comes From Experience, and Experience, Well, That Comes From Bad BBQ "
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:52 pm

THAT didn't take long and I'm PROUD of what I FOUND.
:texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas:
Chili originated from what is now northern Mexico and southern Texas. Unlike some other Texas foods, such as barbecued brisket, chili largely originated with working-class Tejana and Mexican women.
Joernolav
Outlaw

Postby Joernolav » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:03 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Interesting tid bits there, Joe :tup:

As far as Enviornmentalists go, their real agenda is the all mighty Dollar and nothing else. If they had their way, Poverty would run rampant every where because of shut down businesses and unemployed.

I think I'll Google and see what "THEY" say about the origin of Chili - - - - I would think that it evolved from the Cowboy days but don't really know. :dont:
It's all about money. As you probably know we export lot of oil and LPG. Our state has revenues of around 215 million usd per year. Of this the oil industry accounts for around 46 million usd in revenues or more than 20%. Some of our political parties are seriously saying we must cut this to zero within 10 years. Talk about insanity and creating economically problems.

Joernolav
Outlaw

Postby Joernolav » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:04 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:THAT didn't take long and I'm PROUD of what I FOUND.
:texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas:
Chili originated from what is now northern Mexico and southern Texas. Unlike some other Texas foods, such as barbecued brisket, chili largely originated with working-class Tejana and Mexican women.
That is great.

GRailsback
Outlaw

Postby GRailsback » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Joe, that Sucklebusters chili kit that you are using is very good chili. You won't find any much better. It is all I use, and I am one of those guys that used to like to make my own from scratch. Not anymore.
Joernolav
Outlaw

Postby Joernolav » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:14 pm

GRailsback wrote:Joe, that Sucklebusters chili kit that you are using is very good chili. You won't find any much better. It is all I use, and I am one of those guys that used to like to make my own from scratch. Not anymore.
I think it was you that pointed me to it. It was a success.

Return to “General Discussion”