Bad day for a couple of Texas brands

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Bad day for a couple of Texas brands

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 pm

or a good day for those that just got a little more change in their pockets.

First Schlitterbahn:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/lei ... k-operator

Then Whataburger:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/res ... ng-company
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Bad day for a couple of Texas brands

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 pm

I never liked Whataburger, sacrilege I know. Burger King is the only chain I like.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Whataburger is somewhat of a surprise. But no one knows what might be going on internally with the family. Schlitterbahn however doesn't come as a big surprise. After the Kanas City accident I had seen where they were pretty strapped for cash. As I recall they were updating N.B. and were just starting to roll on a new park (N.P.I or K.C.?) so funds were already ear-marked and running low before the court settlement. Cedar Point runs some nice parks, especially in Ohio. My wife lived there as a kid and has many stories of going to their park in Sandusky. We drove past a couple years back and the place was packed. It is sad to see family owned Texas based companies being bought up by out of state interest. But as they say, the only constant is change.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:26 pm

GTR wrote:Whataburger is somewhat of a surprise. But no one knows what might be going on internally with the family. Schlitterbahn however doesn't come as a big surprise. After the Kanas City accident I had seen where they were pretty strapped for cash. As I recall they were updating N.B. and were just starting to roll on a new park (N.P.I or K.C.?) so funds were already ear-marked and running low before the court settlement. Cedar Point runs some nice parks, especially in Ohio. My wife lived there as a kid and has many stories of going to their park in Sandusky. We drove past a couple years back and the place was packed. It is sad to see family owned Texas based companies being bought up by out of state interest. But as they say, the only constant is change.

Yea we were at Schliterbahn CC a couple days after that incident. Even all those miles away it was still a weird feeling. I bet the company took a big hit.

I’ve read similar things online about the Sandusky Ohio park. People seem to really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”