A.P.B

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

A.P.B

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:30 am

Subject In Question - SUMMER

Last Seen - 10 Days Ago In The Poconos

If Found - Please Return To The Northeast
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: A.P.B

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:07 am

We’ve actually had a nice little break with cooler temps. Looks like she’s about to wake up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:55 am

we are getting ready to send you a whole bucket load of it, in exchange for a child size portion of the 70's.... :laughing7: :laughing7:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:49 pm

The summer is definitely not here either. Temps around or below 50 the last month. Raining every day. Not much improvement in the forecast, except for the weekend which is nice with forecast saying 77 with no wind or rain. Monday is cold again.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:22 am

Joernolav wrote:The summer is definitely not here either. Temps around or below 50 the last month. Raining every day. Not much improvement in the forecast, except for the weekend which is nice with forecast saying 77 with no wind or rain. Monday is cold again.

Yup, we never know what were gonna get huh. Last summer we had rain Constantly. This year seems a little better so far, but I'm told last night that today will be PERFECT, 80 and sunny, no humidity and then the world will end......looks like 8 straight days of Rain
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 am

spacetrucker wrote:we are getting ready to send you a whole bucket load of it, in exchange for a child size portion of the 70's.... :laughing7: :laughing7:
Ummm....I'd gladly send you some 70's.......

Problem is.., we haven't been seeing that warmth yet lol. Ok, so that's not completely true. We had a " few " days of 80's and then 1 or 2 of 90, but then it vanished like a fart in the wind..
Left for work one day last week, about 5 a.m. Started the car and I think I actually heard the Lifters and Rockers curse at me for a minute till they got a drink of Molasses.....
Felt like October here, windy as can be and my cars temp read 42......

Its all good tho because I Love Spring and Fall temps, but my little guy is gonna eventually go into " wrecking ball mode " if we keep telling him its still to cold to go in his pool !!
So, when its halfway thru June, its looking like a typical Pocono summer span of about 2 months. We'll adapt, we always do
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:03 am

woodenvisions wrote:
Joernolav wrote:The summer is definitely not here either. Temps around or below 50 the last month. Raining every day. Not much improvement in the forecast, except for the weekend which is nice with forecast saying 77 with no wind or rain. Monday is cold again.

Yup, we never know what were gonna get huh. Last summer we had rain Constantly. This year seems a little better so far, but I'm told last night that today will be PERFECT, 80 and sunny, no humidity and then the world will end......looks like 8 straight days of Rain
Yes, seems we have the same weather, but last year was a record summer here. Warm and dry as it has never been. This year it's the opposite.

Today was great though. 80 today, sunny and no wind. Finally got a taste of summer. Took the boat out today and even got a nice swim in the sea. Water temp was 61. Tomorrow rain and cold again.ImageImage

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:01 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:00 am

Beautiful pictures....
low 90's here yesterday with me on the riding mower....
enjoy what you have, while you have it; it will surely change, the daughter & son in-law lives in VA we will be going to see them next month for the baby's first bday...
you guys have such nice summers, but pay extra for it during the winter :laughing7:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:28 am

spacetrucker wrote:Beautiful pictures....
low 90's here yesterday with me on the riding mower....
enjoy what you have, while you have it; it will surely change, the daughter & son in-law lives in VA we will be going to see them next month for the baby's first bday...
you guys have such nice summers, but pay extra for it during the winter :laughing7:
Thanks. The best thing with our summer is the long days in June. Sunrise 3.55 am and sunset 22.45 here today which means it hardly get dark during night.

Looking forward to celebrate midsummer next Sunday. Weather permitting we're going out with the boat. Cruising along the coast and between alle the small islands. People are big fires which the6 light at around 10 PM. That's pretty because you will be seeing many big and small fires along the coast and beaches.

It will be a lot fun for you to celebrate your grandchilds first birthday. Those family times are great. Have a safe journey

Return to “General Discussion”