Houston

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Houston

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:14 pm

:D
Attachments
IMG_2498[9607].JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Houston

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Funny but last time I was in h-town I swear we were in a traffic jam from the time we got there till the time we left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Funny but last time I was in h-town I swear we were in a traffic jam from the time we got there till the time we left

That's why I live in the Country . My wife says I'm done . I have a Grandbaby coming in September north of Sooner and it will be all I can stomach to go
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 am

All I can do is read these 2 posts above and Smile...

I'm Not gonna add to it, ima gunna just sit back and smile
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:56 am

Rambo wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Funny but last time I was in h-town I swear we were in a traffic jam from the time we got there till the time we left

That's why I live in the Country . My wife says I'm done . I have a Grandbaby coming in September north of Sooner and it will be all I can stomach to go

LOL - I envy you being able to live in East Texas. When that Grandkid shows up you will float through traffic and not even notice

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:13 am

I worked in Houston for many many years BUT I always commuted to work from Cleveland, Texas and lived in the Country also. The most eventful Traffic Change that I can remember was in the late 70s when the Oil Boom was at it's peak and all of dem Yankees (nothing personal, Y'all) decided to move down here. We were already used to folks running the feeders and shoulders when traffic would stack up but when they started running the ditches between the shoulders and feeders I started leaving home an hour later and leaving work an hour earlier to avoid it. (yes, I owned my own business and had that luxury)

Sorry for the Paper Back Novel, Y'all. :whiteflag: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:42 am

woodenvisions wrote:All I can do is read these 2 posts above and Smile...

I'm Not gonna add to it, ima gunna just sit back and smile

Us too, I think....
Moink!
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:25 am

Sooooooo True
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:46 am

Hey Buddies from the North - - - I meant no harm in my Country Boy story telling - - - truth be known, it could have been the Natives running the ditches and the New Comers creating the traffic. :whiteflag: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:24 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Buddies from the North - - - I meant no harm in my Country Boy story telling - - - truth be known, it could have been the Natives running the ditches and the New Comers creating the traffic. :whiteflag: :salut:

You haven't seen traffic till you've tried to get off Lawn Guyland OR make a left in Joisey. :laughing7:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:55 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Buddies from the North - - - I meant no harm in my Country Boy story telling - - - truth be known, it could have been the Natives running the ditches and the New Comers creating the traffic. :whiteflag: :salut:

You haven't seen traffic till you've tried to get off Lawn Guyland OR make a left in Joisey. :laughing7:

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I'll take your woid for it :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Rambo wrote::D

Can remember 1970’s Houston well. It was pretty much the city that all the rest of Texas said, “well, yeah, it’s in Texas but don’t blame us for that.” Spent some time stuck in traffic on the so-called “jackrabbit” - not.

FOR THE RECORD, URBAN COWBOY US W/O A DOUBT BOTH THE WORST AND BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

Several of my old cadet buddies live in Houston, and when I make the statement below, they never strongly protest... which tells you a lot:

I WOULD ALMOST RATHER GO TO HE** THAN HOUSTON.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:17 pm

:laughing7: :lol: :D Jack Wabbit Woad :roll: :shock: :whiteflag:

Remember the two 90 degree turns on that road that dodged an old store :?: :scratch: :dont:

My Granny would pick me up in Cleveland to go spend some time with them and NO ONE could navigate that Blacktop like she could :cheers: :salut:

URBAN COWBOY was Filmed in Pasadeener where the Air was Greener :whiteflag:

Return to “General Discussion”