Enjoy life.....

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Enjoy life.....

Postby Russ » Sun May 12, 2019 8:00 pm

We had a great day yesterday celebrating Mother's Day. The week didn't start well though. Monday the wife came home in tears. I thought it odd she was home early. She told me she got a phone call from a clinic where women go for annual mammograms. They said they found shadowing on 1 breast. She had an appointment the next day. Redo the test, then scan then possible biopsy? Needless to say we never slept that night. Appointment Tuesday, man that day dragged. About 4 o'clock she/ we got the all clear. It was a cyst that will prolly disappear. She was so relieved, but felt sorry for the other 7 women in with her being retested. She said some might be fatal. It brings it home to you about how fragile life is and how we must embrace it. We really enjoyed the day with the family yesterday. So guys n gals, enjoy life while you can.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Enjoy life.....

Postby woodenvisions » Sun May 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Russ,

I'm at a loss for words so I'll do what I feel by sending this .......
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Thankful you wife’s was just a cyst. Prayers for those other women

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 am

Thoughts and Prayers, Pardnah :rose:
We/She went thru that last year with a Benign biopsy and Lump removal and now we/She must do the follow up testing when they are due.
:salut: :rose:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon May 13, 2019 7:55 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Thoughts and Prayers, Pardnah :rose:
We/She went thru that last year with a Benign biopsy and Lump removal and now we/She must do the follow up testing when they are due.
:salut: :rose:

I didn't know that emm, I guess we are the lucky ones. I know what you went through, my late mum had a breast off so it hits home. Thoughts also for sherry.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 am

Thanks, Pard, all you can really do is let them know that you Love them and that you are there for them 24/7/365. :rose:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu May 16, 2019 12:36 pm

I'm glad that it turned out safe. Being a cancer survivor myself, I can say that there is no scarier word in human language than "malignant". I tell my children on a daily basis that time is the only currency we have that can never be recovered. 5 minutes ago will never return and 5 minutes from now is never guaranteed. Right now is ALL we have, enjoy every minute of it..

-Roy
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu May 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Txdragon wrote:I'm glad that it turned out safe. Being a cancer survivor myself, I can say that there is no scarier word in human language than "malignant". I tell my children on a daily basis that time is the only currency we have that can never be recovered. 5 minutes ago will never return and 5 minutes from now is never guaranteed. Right now is ALL we have, enjoy every minute of it..-Roy

:tup: :bow: :salut:

Return to “General Discussion”