Norway: Eat Drink and Be Merry

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Norway: Eat Drink and Be Merry

Postby Boots » Tue May 07, 2019 11:37 am

Hats off to Joe, we have a whole new and interesting perspective here on the TBBQF to explore these days, the happenings and customs of our friends in the great nation of Norway.

Add to that the following article, which articulates the view of the new Minister of Health, who seems to have quite a Libertarian streak.

Conclusion from her remarks: Fire up the grills for red meat, pour yourself a good bourbon and light up a cigar, it's all good.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/20190507 ... -minister/
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Norway: Eat Drink and Be Merry

Postby Rambo » Tue May 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Here
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue May 07, 2019 12:39 pm

Hey. Boots. That is great, appreciate that you like that I from time to time post stuff from here, and not look at it as spam.

The new health minister is imho great. She had to quit the government a year ago because a statement she made turned the opposition sour. No reason for it, but we live in a time where everybody gets off6by the smallest thing. We had a government that didn't have majority in the parliament, so she left instead of having a mistrust against the government. Since then one of the center parties joined the right wing government and they now have majority. The cool thing is that the leader of this party would have voted for the mistrust. Instead he was ousted from the party and the new leader lead the party to join the government. Is it strange that politicians are viewed less and less favorable?

I agree with the health minister. She can give advices and facts, but that finger in your face and almost forcing you to eat the way they say is best is bad. Information is good but the decision to what I eat and drink is mine. Obviously all the people that want to force they own opinions on you ( left wing) are shocked and screaming loud.
Hope this wasn't too political here.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue May 07, 2019 2:11 pm

congress.gif
congress.gif (48.88 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
tarde venientibus ossa....
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue May 07, 2019 9:22 pm

A good read, don't agree with the smoking (cigarettes) part of it. It's not good for you. Don't get me wrong, I used to smoke cigars, until 2006.

As you were! :P :lol:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue May 07, 2019 11:15 pm

Russ wrote:A good read, don't agree with the smoking (cigarettes) part of it. It's not good for you. Don't get me wrong, I used to smoke cigars, until 2006.

As you were!

Russ
Agree with you. I don't smoke (never did), and breathing smoke from other peoples smoke is awful. But as long as they smoke in places where they're not disturbing other, it's fine with me.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed May 08, 2019 10:25 am

*** must...bite...tongue....*****

(Or get into biiiig trouble, but yeah, eat, drink, be merry!)
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 08, 2019 10:34 am

Joernolav wrote:
Russ wrote:A good read, don't agree with the smoking (cigarettes) part of it. It's not good for you. Don't get me wrong, I used to smoke cigars, until 2006.

As you were!

Russ
Agree with you. I don't smoke (never did), and breathing smoke from other peoples smoke is awful. But as long as they smoke in places where they're not disturbing other, it's fine with me.

I quit a 4 pack a day habit in 1990 and, had I not, I would not be typing this message. :whiteflag:
I shamefully admit that I was rude and inconsiderate of those around me and I have tried to personally apologize to all of them that I could.
:whiteflag: :dont: :banghead: :oops: :roll:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed May 08, 2019 7:12 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Joernolav wrote:

As you were!

Russ

I quit a 4 pack a day habit in 1990 and, had I not, I would not be typing this message. :whiteflag:
I shamefully admit that I was rude and inconsiderate of those around me and I have tried to personally apologize to all of them that I could.
:whiteflag: :dont: :banghead: :oops: :roll:

The thing I miss about smoking, is meeting people when going to areas for smokers. I love to talk and meet people. That's the only thing I miss.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “General Discussion”