Darn Mice

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Texan79423
Wrangler

Darn Mice

Postby Texan79423 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 am

rat trap.gif
rat trap.gif (426.23 KiB) Viewed 971 times
I had to set out traps in my shed after spring rain...I have exceptional mice
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Darn Mice

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:02 am

:wav: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Now overdose them on Steroids and you're good to go :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:06 am

Ha! We have one like that in the house. Crafty little bugger. I use peanut butter on traps and somehow, he will get EVERY bit off without tripping them. Now the kicker? These things are sensitive enough to snap if you stomp your foot within 2 feet of it. My next move is an old fishing trick using panty hose.. I'm putting some peanut butter in a wad of panty hose and fixing it to the trigger mechanism. If he still gets away, I'm gonna make him a cozy little nook in my cabinet. Lol!
(Insert witty signature here)
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:58 am

IMG_0840.gif
IMG_0840.gif (2.43 MiB) Viewed 958 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Txdragon wrote:Ha! We have one like that in the house. Crafty little bugger. I use peanut butter on traps and somehow, he will get EVERY bit off without tripping them. Now the kicker? These things are sensitive enough to snap if you stomp your foot within 2 feet of it. My next move is an old fishing trick using panty hose.. I'm putting some peanut butter in a wad of panty hose and fixing it to the trigger mechanism. If he still gets away, I'm gonna make him a cozy little nook in my cabinet. Lol!

Glue trap my friend. Get the rat size large ones and put a peanut in the center of it. Day or two you'll have him. Had one in my shop that could eat the nut off the smaller traps. So after a day or two of losing my bait I upped the size of the trap and not only got the big one but 2 smaller ones as well.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:09 pm

GTR wrote:
Glue trap my friend. Get the rat size large ones and put a peanut in the center of it. Day or two you'll have him. Had one in my shop that could eat the nut off the smaller traps. So after a day or two of losing my bait I upped the size of the trap and not only got the big one but 2 smaller ones as well.

I've tried that already. This little turd avoids glue traps like the plague.. lol
(Insert witty signature here)
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm

That’s crazy, funny though :laughing7:

Return to “General Discussion”