Happy Birthday, Norway Joe !

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Re: Happy Birthday, Norway Joe !

Postby CliffCarter » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:11 pm

:hb: Happy Birthday, Joe :cheers:
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:31 pm

Happy birthday Joe!!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:14 am

Thanks folks.

Had a great evening with my wife, kids and my parents. Made som Taco's and then we had some sponge cake (I think that is what it's called).

It's a layered cake of sponge, cream, strawberry jam and topped with a layer of marzipan. Like the one in the picture.

I normally bake it myself, but didn't have time to do it this time so had to buy a ready made. Image

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:04 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:06 am

Thank you, sooner.

spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:26 pm

Happy belated Bday
Attachments
birthday-cake-clip-art-7[1].png
birthday-cake-clip-art-7[1].png (77.82 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:36 am

Thank you. spacetrucker.

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:50 pm

I'm sorry to have missed this. Happy belated birthday! My grandson shares this day with you so I was busy with that frackus!
(Insert witty signature here)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:15 am

Txdragon wrote:I'm sorry to have missed this. Happy belated birthday! My grandson shares this day with you so I was busy with that frackus!
Thank you. dragon. No reason to be sorry. Didn't expect birthday greetings in this forum. But I appreciate it a lot.

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Joernolav wrote:
Txdragon wrote:I'm sorry to have missed this. Happy belated birthday! My grandson shares this day with you so I was busy with that frackus!
Thank you. dragon. No reason to be sorry. Didn't expect birthday greetings in this forum. But I appreciate it a lot.

We try to, at least for the more active members on board.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:27 am

Joernolav wrote:Took a while before I understood this burnt orange thing. Got it now. Texas Longhorns.
I still don't think my wife will let it pass.

Boots will be just fine with the Satan-orange Crocs as long as you buy some MAROON ones to wear out and about in town. Very stylish, those maroon ones.

LOL, Joe, The Faithful (from A&M) here in Texas maintain a longstanding friendly rivalry with our friends from the liberal arts academy over there in Austin, AKA Berkeley on the Colorado; probably a lot like the Norway / Sweden thing. Notwithstanding the obvious hippie element over there (most of which are, IMHO, usually migrants from California or New York), there are literally tens of thousands of good solid UT folks who we Aggies do know and love and who contribute meaningfully to the greatness that is Texas. Mr. Railsback being a prime example, with all the work he does helping with disaster relief, etc. Salute!

One thing about Crocs, I could never wear mine around barefoot and wet, the old feet get to sliding around in them and at points while chasing the dog or the kid years ago, I'd try to make a sharp corner and the dern things would come flying off, once right over the fence into the neighbor's yard; had to explain to old Skidmoore's wife why it was I was climbing over their fence (to retrieve said Zapata). Now you would think a woman who was a rubber boot model for True Value and a former Miss Porkbelly East Texas finalist would have been trained in graciousness, but no! Got chased around with a garden claw until I was able to squirrel scramble back over the fence. I figure it might have been because I never taught old Skidmoore how to cook ribs without using a lighter fluid flambé' like he did, and she was mad about it...
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Boots, I was hoping you would chime in, and give the Viking a little background.

Joe, he is fairly accurate in his asessment of the burnt orange institution. I actually did not go there, but my wife did. So for that reason alone, Maroon is a forbidden color around here. And she got her degree a bit later in life per se. So she did not come out of there warped, like many of the others. But this is a UT, burnt orange household for sure.

I will say this, the company that I have worked for for the past 22 years is run by Aggies. And they have done very well by my 401k, so I cheer for them on a daily basis.

As for me Boots, I went to the University of Hops & Barley, and still going.
Last edited by GRailsback on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Boots wrote:
Joernolav wrote:Took a while before I understood this burnt orange thing. Got it now. Texas Longhorns.
I still don't think my wife will let it pass.

Boots will be just fine with the Satan-orange Crocs as long as you buy some MAROON ones to wear out and about in town. Very stylish, those maroon ones.

LOL, Joe, The Faithful (from A&M) here in Texas maintain a longstanding friendly rivalry with our friends from the liberal arts academy over there in Austin, AKA Berkeley on the Colorado; probably a lot like the Norway / Sweden thing. Notwithstanding the obvious hippie element over there (most of which are, IMHO, usually migrants from California or New York), there are literally tens of thousands of good solid UT folks who we Aggies do know and love and who contribute meaningfully to the greatness that is Texas. Mr. Railsback being a prime example, with all the work he does helping with disaster relief, etc. Salute!

One thing about Crocs, I could never wear mine around barefoot and wet, the old feet get to sliding around in them and at points while chasing the dog or the kid years ago, I'd try to make a sharp corner and the dern things would come flying off, once right over the fence into the neighbor's yard; had to explain to old Skidmoore's wife why it was I was climbing over their fence (to retrieve said Zapata). Now you would think a woman who was a rubber boot model for True Value and a former Miss Porkbelly East Texas finalist would have been trained in graciousness, but no! Got chased around with a garden claw until I was able to squirrel scramble back over the fence. I figure it might have been because I never taught old Skidmoore how to cook ribs without using a lighter fluid flambé' like he did, and she was mad about it...
Fantastic post. Boots. I'm still laughing. You're right about Norway/Sweden. I think it's the same all over the world with neighbors. I little bit of friendly humor is always welcome.
Especially in sports it's common, and fun as long as it isn't evil or vicious.

From what I read here and other places I am impressed with how many Americans put an effort in charity for their community, helping neighbors/families in needs and so on.

I have an image of mrs. Porkbelly east Texas in my mind. Can't share it here.

Regarding the MARROON crocs. I don't think the color increase the WAF here. Everything crocs like has absolute zero WAF in my house.

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm

I love how boots says "FRIENDLY" rivalry. That's totally dependent upon the amount of alcohol consumed prior to any mixed engagement. :laughing7:

Return to “General Discussion”