Lobster Problems Ahead?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Lobster Problems Ahead?

Postby Rambo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Not that I eat a lot of Lobster but I feel for the Family Businesses that depend on this bait. hopefully they'll come up with an alternate.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/bai ... his-summer
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Lobster Problems Ahead?

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Rambo wrote:Not that I eat a lot of Lobster but I feel for the Family Businesses that depend on this bait. hopefully they'll come up with an alternate.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/bai ... his-summer
I WONT get political but lets see how it goes this year.
I've been going to Maine every year since 1980 except the last 4 years due to financial reasons and having a child but luckily were going in a few months with our little guy !
We stay right on the coast and know all of the seafood hot spots and coves where we can get Lobster right from the marina.
We already know were gonna consume MAJOR amounts of sea critters of different species. Ill be able to get the True Dirt on what's behind the shortage if any.
Its a HARD life for these people, that's for sure and I hope the best for them.
Thx for the post Rambo.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:37 pm

Best of Luck to all hard working Families :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:26 am

Bait has been a problem before. One of the guys I work with used to work cutting up rancid cowhides into 6"X6" squares to be delivered as lobster bait. He delivered as far south as Cape Cod. Upshot is that lobster is probably going to be more expensive this year, but there'll be plenty here for the tourists. :D
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:48 am

CliffCarter wrote:Bait has been a problem before. One of the guys I work with used to work cutting up rancid cowhides into 6"X6" squares to be delivered as lobster bait. He delivered as far south as Cape Cod. Upshot is that lobster is probably going to be more expensive this year, but there'll be plenty here for the tourists. :D
I'm saving my pennies Cliff cuz I plan on puting a dent into some of those beauties in August. I'm not sure where you live in Maine, we spend a week or two in York Beach, Wells, Ogunquit, Kittery, Kinnebunkport.....

ALWAYS hit Bobs Clam Hut first thing in Kittery as soon as we get off 95 and frequent the " Maine " Diner in Wells.

The plan is to eventually move there, you guys have a beautiful state and coastline !
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:56 am

Life always been tough for the watermen, much like farmers.

Sounds like a ripe market for Joe the Norge to import Norwegian herring.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:01 am

woodenvisions wrote:I'm saving my pennies Cliff cuz I plan on puting a dent into some of those beauties in August. I'm not sure where you live in Maine, we spend a week or two in York Beach, Wells, Ogunquit, Kittery, Kinnebunkport.....

ALWAYS hit Bobs Clam Hut first thing in Kittery as soon as we get off 95 and frequent the " Maine " Diner in Wells.

The plan is to eventually move there, you guys have a beautiful state and coastline !

I'm about 150 miles northeast from where you'll be this summer, just north of Bangor on the map.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:28 am

Boots wrote:Life always been tough for the watermen, much like farmers.

Sounds like a ripe market for Joe the Norge to import Norwegian herring.
Boots, I'm not sure have more to sell. Just got the latest statistics. In the 1 quarter we exported 640.000 metric tons worth 3.2 billion usd of seafood. A few herrings should be possible though, or maybe som "lutefisk"

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “General Discussion”