Norway Joe Says

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Re: Norway Joe Says

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:17 pm

GRailsback wrote:Wait a minute, just wait a minute joe. You make her go to work with you in your office every day as well? You can’t afford a maintenance man at the office? I think there is a fair amount of us that have out kicked out coverage when it comes to spouses. I can assure you i did, and am very lucky also. She is very active and has run probably somewhere between 25 to 35 full marathons in her life. But i can promise you she doesn’t have as many pairs of gloves as your Mrs does.

Yes, Jameson’s is good, any way you can get it. Tonight i only have 3 dead Irish uncles. But not sure about last Saturday.

Don’t ever let us catch you with any ribs in that pan of water you are about to boil. You are well liked for now.
Greg: at the office my wife is the boss. We are running an accounting company together. We are 4 people working there. She's the one with the permit from the government.

It's not for everyone to share office with your spouse but for us it works great.

Running is fun.Running that many marathons is impressive. Staying fit is always good. Looking forward to running in the forest as soon as the snow melts away.

I will not boil any ribs and absolutely not hurt myself by posting it :laughing7:

Still no goals in the soccer match.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Last edited by Norway Joe on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:33 pm

1-0 Norway, the whole city just erupted, me, i just ordered another beer. I will revisit your last post in more detail later.
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:49 pm

That's a nice looking restaurant.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:53 am

Joernolav wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Wait a minute, just wait a minute joe. You make her go to work with you in your office every day as well? You can’t afford a maintenance man at the office? I think there is a fair amount of us that have out kicked out coverage when it comes to spouses. I can assure you i did, and am very lucky also. She is very active and has run probably somewhere between 25 to 35 full marathons in her life. But i can promise you she doesn’t have as many pairs of gloves as your Mrs does.

Yes, Jameson’s is good, any way you can get it. Tonight i only have 3 dead Irish uncles. But not sure about last Saturday.

Don’t ever let us catch you with any ribs in that pan of water you are about to boil. You are well liked for now.
Greg: at the office my wife is the boss. We are running an accounting company together. We are 4 people working there. She's the one with the permit from the government.

It's not for everyone to share office with your spouse but for us it works great.

Running is fun.Running that many marathons is impressive. Staying fit is always good. Looking forward to running in the forest as soon as the snow melts away.

I will not boil any ribs and absolutely not hurt myself by posting it :laughing7:

Still no goals in the soccer match.

Joe, your wife is the boss everywhere. Except maybe on the new WSM.

Yes, she enjoys running, but has been hampered lately by a sore knee.

3-3, Norway pulled out a late goal at the end to tie it back up. Lots of excitement at the beer joint last night. I'm tired.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:16 am

Good looking fish, those oceangoing Cod you describe.

We cook a lot of Cod on the grill in the Boots' household; short marinade in olive oil, kosher salt, splashes of lemon and white wine, and some good garlic lemon pepper, then off to the grill until flakey. F-A-B as the Thunderbirds used to say. Serve with a crisp white wine. I call it the poor man's Sea Bass.

Also great pan-seared fast in a cast iron skillet (aren't all great skillets cast iron? They should find the guy who invented non-stick and bury him up to his neck in an antbed).

I see a Joshua King scored last night (?) for Norway 59 minutes in? I am betting he is an expat from the good 'ol US+A, playing for the fighting Vikings. Go Norge!
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:31 am

Funny you mention crisp white wine Boots. While i was there the Mrs told me to tell them to serve me a crisp white wine with the fish. I opted for the house beer, 2 of them, that they happened to serve in a wine glass if you notice.

The game brought the noggies out on a Tuesday night for sure. The Norwegian we are working with over here says they do not have a very good team, but they are all forever hopefull. Especially when it comes to neighboring Sweden.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:42 am

Boots wrote:Good looking fish, those oceangoing Cod you describe.

We cook a lot of Cod on the grill in the Boots' household; short marinade in olive oil, kosher salt, splashes of lemon and white wine, and some good garlic lemon pepper, then off to the grill until flakey. F-A-B as the Thunderbirds used to say. Serve with a crisp white wine. I call it the poor man's Sea Bass.

Also great pan-seared fast in a cast iron skillet (aren't all great skillets cast iron? They should find the guy who invented non-stick and bury him up to his neck in an antbed).

I see a Joshua King scored last night (?) for Norway 59 minutes in? I am betting he is an expat from the good 'ol US+A, playing for the fighting Vikings. Go Norge!
I don't like cod, but your dish sounds good. The only cod I eat and is great is "lutefisk". You can Google it. You will be surprised.

White wine to fish is the usual way, but with cod redwine is great. Actually preferred here in Europe. A French chateuneuf de pape is excellent to cod.

I don't follow soccer. Never understood the thing about a bunch of men running after a ball. Playing actors when the fall or somebody touch them. Joshua king is actually born in Oslo. Father is Gambian.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:58 am

Joe, what’s up with the indoor ski slope west of town?
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:14 pm

Oh. Thats a new complex they are building. It's called snow. Opens next year. I really look forward to it.

It will be 4 downhill slopes. 2 km of crosscountry track. 8 skilifts including a Chairlift. All inside a building of 538000 sq.feet. open year long.

It will be really cool. 15 min. From my home.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Will it be like skiing on 'corn snow' :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:25 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Will it be like skiing on 'corn snow' :?:
What is "corn snow"?
They will produce real snow. Indoor temp will be about 24 F.

Here's a 3d video of the project. Pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/8H4XR1ZB9Hs

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:30 pm

We drove right by it, i have some photos of it. Parts, you would think they would want to get away from the snow for a few months, but i guess not. It doesn’t look like it is a very steep slope, but the building goes on forever, it’s incredible.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:46 pm

GRailsback wrote:We drove right by it, i have some photos of it. Parts, you would think they would want to get away from the snow for a few months, but i guess not. It doesn’t look like it is a very steep slope, but the building goes on forever, it’s incredible.
Yes, it's next to the highway to the airport.

The longest downhill slope will be 520 meters and with and the steepest parts 22 degrees.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:01 pm

This is what it looks like from the passenger seat.
Attachments
F35C357E-6628-4A6C-95DB-EA966FEFEAE6.jpeg
80F87B1A-9D53-424C-8CC9-5B92CA57A68E.jpeg
13499E50-A98A-44AF-BEE8-50C5760A8946.jpeg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:36 pm

My kinda Lunch - - - :tup: - - - matter of fact I just downed a Ripper :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”