Greg Railsback's Houston Rodeo BBQ Pics

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

techieq USER_AVATAR
TechieQ
Wrangler

Re: Greg Railsback's Houston Rodeo BBQ Pics

Postby TechieQ » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:45 pm

GRailsback wrote:Techie,

It is the Live Oak County Area Go Texan organization. They partner with San Patricio County to do the cookoff in Houston. They are a very good organization, and give out a significant number of scholorships to students down there. Live Oal County cooks the BBQ for Friday night, and San Patricio County frys the fish for Saturday night, and they have a live band both nights. A very good friend of mine that has since passed away had some friends that were with the Live Oak County Go Texan Committee, and after he passed away I picked up and continued on with the sponsorship that he had done for years. They are very good people that run that deal. So not only do they have a good party, it is also kind of a memorial deal in honor of my old friend that I continue to sponsor them. And also the fact that they do the scholorships as well.

Thanks for sharing! I love that they do scholarships, and your way of honoring your friend :salut:
Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it's a start.
Gordonbutler
Pilgrim

Postby Gordonbutler » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:10 am

It looks impressive.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:13 am

Sorry I missed these earlier, been working too much and weekends too lately. Greg, hope you and the wife had an awesome time, my best to you folks.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:41 pm

Thanks Boots, we had a great time. Always a good party down there. I posted the results on another thread. I am sure you will know some of the cook teams. The main team i sponsor finished 10th overall. Pretty decent out of 250. Hope you are well, may be time for you to slow down and grill up something nice for the Mrs. and hope Boots Jr is all over them grades at Purdue, he has endured a pretty brutal winter so being a Texas boy.

Return to “General Discussion”