Tamale Time

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Tamale Time

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 am

This time of year we used to see Tamale Roadside Vendors almost everywhere but not so lately so I have had to Shop HEB for my Tamale Taste Buds.
This was also our first time to try MI TIENDA TAMALES and we are big fans now. We've tried the Chicken (our Favorite), Pork and I got a package of Jalapeno y Queso yesterday. Haven't had the chance to try the Beef yet but we will soon. We like the Chicken with some Pepper Jack Chez melted on top along with a smearin of Whataburger's Salsa Verde. :tup: :cheers: Quick and Easy and Delicious, Mi Amigos :salut:

https://www.heb.com/mi-tienda-mch
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Tamale Time

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:06 am

we used to make them but somethin about getting older and less time to do such I hope that is not a sign of things to come..
I checked out the link those look good will tell the wife to check them next trip to the store.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:12 am

I made them one time - - - many moons ago and my Secretary and her Sister who were Hispanic raved about how good they were HOWEVER, as you say that is too much trouble for this O. F. :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 pm

They are labor intensive, yes. Lol! :rambo:
(Insert witty signature here)
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:02 pm

After you develop a system including cold beer consumption, it’s not that hard. I’ve basically broken it down to three day steps,
Day 1 .... cook meat shred and let cool
Day 2 .... prepare meat and make tamales
Day 3 .... cook tamales
I’ve set up my system to allow for three days of beer drinking and keeping my wife happy just knowing that brisket only takes one full days work.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:08 am

When I did them I used a Recipe from Fiesta Seasonings and I even made the Masa from Scratch with Lard :whiteflag: :shock:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:42 am

We made them from scratch, once. Decades ago.
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”