Big day for Longview

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Big day for Longview

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Our trip to see the Longview family got flipped around since they and the rest of Longview were headed to Arlington today. So my oldest, myself, Mom, uncle, cousins, people I didn’t know all met up along with 48,000 others and watched Longview win its first state title since 1937. We had moved to Dallas when I was in HS but my Dad played for the Lobos in the late 60’s and two uncles in the 70’s so I was raised on Longview football and still follow closely to this day.

As the clock hit 0:00 I told my kid there was no doubt her Paw Paw was smiling down from heaven.

Really good game all the way around. Beaumont Westbrook left it all on the field and made the Lobos on it.

It was a fun day at the stadium, Texas Live and even managed a little BBQ! Here’s a few photos.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Re: Big day for Longview

Postby daBertl » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:43 am

Great and impressive pics. Thx for sharing :cheers:
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:21 am

Good Things happening to Good Folks - - - - "Gotta Love It" :tup: :salut: :cheers: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:53 am

I found these tweets from sports media member David Smoak summed up what this means to the Longview community pretty well. The football program has been consistently great for what seems like forever. Just couldn’t get over the hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”