Winter is coming.

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Winter is coming.

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:57 am

We are going to spend the Christmas at the cabin. Took a trip this weekend to make it ready. Set up the Christmas decorations and such.

Snowed a little on the way up yesterday. The road was very slippery. Hard to stay on your feet on the road. Had to stop and help a guy that ran of the road. The car went around and landed on its roof with the driver sitting up side down in the car. I was the first person at the scene. Had to stop the traffic and got someone to call an ambulance. Got help and we were able to cut the driver out of the car. Luckily he was not seriously injured.

Got around 8 inches of snow during the night. Will be a fine day today with a bit more snow. Sent the kids in the downhill slopes. Will fire up the grill and make som sirloin steaks for dinner. Have a nice day everyone.Image

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Last edited by Norway Joe on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Winter is coming.

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:05 am

HO :santa: HO :santa: HO :santa: - - - - looks like a Christmas Card, Joe.

It's those first Snows that are slick and dangerous OR at least that's the way it was when this East Texas Boy moved his flat land Family to 10,000' elev in Colorado. I remember some of the locals taking me under their wing and telling me "when it starts snowing and the roads get slick,, drive like you don't have any brakes. Use your transmission to slow down". We also had studded snow tires put on the car beginning every Season and I never had to chain up in the five years we spent there. :cheers:

So very good of you to stop and help the motorist in trouble :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:38 am

We are required by law to stop and help in car accidents, but I think that's what every decent person would do anyway even if it can be very frightening.

You have great experience with winter OUP. I believe Colorado during winter is very scenery and beautiful. We also change to winter tires during winter but most people have stopped using studded tires. They are only better on iced roads. On snow tires without studs are just as good.

Visiting one of Colorado's ski resorts during winter is on my bucket list. 10.000 feet is high. That is about 3000m. About 2000 feet above our highest mountain.

Finished decorating for Christmas so now just looking forward to it. Fonzie couldn't care less though. Beautiful outside today too. Not so cold, 17 F.

ImageImageImageImage

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:12 am

Beautiful country, thanks for posting
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:41 am

Rambo wrote:Beautiful country, thanks for posting
Thanks.

One of my interests is seeing other places and how people live their life around the world. There are so many different areas and each one has its own charm.

Your country is so big and very diverse. Have been to many places around in the US and found each place very nice and among all with very friendly and helpful people with tourists like me. Texas is also a place I have on my list of future places to see, eventhough all your venomous snakes frighten me a bit.

I hope my post is within the scope of this part of the forum and love to see other post from their local area too. I feel it also adds a little background when seeing the same peoples bbq posts.

spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:46 am

beautiful pictures, I hope your steaks come out good and the young ones enjoy the snow...
I grew up where it only snows once every 10 or 15 years...
when snow happens everything closes down and everybody takes the day off. :salut:
that looks like one happy dog.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am

Thanks, spacetrucker

Snow is great and it will probably stay here until end of may.

Must post two more pictures taken from the window now and showing a part of the downhill slopes. A bit special weather with clouds, sun, fog and snow at the same time. Give an unusual light and color the the snow different during the afternoon. Not so often it is like this. ImageImage

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:16 am

Another thing that you can't get from those Photos is that awesome Clean Fresh Air and Aroma that only Ma Nature can provide in pollutant free Country.
:cheers:

Don't know the best Slopes since I've been gone so long ago but Copper Mtn. used to be the best. My Son goes often so when you're ready to make the trip, holler and I get him to check with some friends. :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:27 am

Thank you OUP. I absolutely will. I have seen from reading many posts around in this forum that you are quick at offering your help and good advices. I appreciate it and hope everybody else do too.

About the air I totally agree.

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:07 pm

The good old Weber never disappoints. 17 years old. Standing outside year long. Summer, winter, rain, snow, warm and cold. The last years also without cover. No rust and fires on the first push on the igniter.

Made a few sirloin steaks that turned out great. Had asparagus tops with bacon, pommes noisettes and cognac sauce as sides.ImageImageImage

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Joernolav wrote:Thank you OUP. I absolutely will. I have seen from reading many posts around in this forum that you are quick at offering your help and good advices. I appreciate it and hope everybody else do too.

Thanks for the Flowers, Joe, Members helping whenever possible is what drew me to this Forum over 7 years ago. Sometimes I may be too quick to try and help but I'm learning also. :bow:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:22 pm

that is a nice plate of food; Job done to perfection!! :pig:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:08 pm

great pics Image
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Joe, is that weber at your cabin? Hope the meat didn't freeze while it was sitting there. But it turned out looking great as always. The scenery looks Christmas nice, but it also looks to cold for me. Since we didn't float away last night. If the rain we got last night would have been snow in Norway, they would have four or five feet.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Such beautiful pictures!

I'm glad the accident victim was okay. That must have been scary.
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”