Winter is coming.

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Winter is coming.

Postby Russ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:39 pm

You are a lucky guy Joe, great pics and that plate....man it looks so good. We also have good slopes here but in not a skier. You might like mt hutt here. It's an hour away from me.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Btw it's summer here. Dec thru February.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Nice steak plate and beautiful scenery pictures!

It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas there! :santa:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:46 am

GRailsback wrote:Joe, is that weber at your cabin? Hope the meat didn't freeze while it was sitting there. But it turned out looking great as always. The scenery looks Christmas nice, but it also looks to cold for me. Since we didn't float away last night. If the rain we got last night would have been snow in Norway, they would have four or five feet.
Moved the Weber to the cabin last year since I upgraded at home. It's 17 years old and still looking fine. I have had a few cheaper grills at the cabin before. Because of the elements they only last 3 years before they rust apart. Even if the weber was expensive it's cheaper in the long run. I believe I paid about 1200 usd for it at the time so 70 usd a year so far is reasonable. :laughing7:

The rain you can get over there is really heavy. We don't get that here. We have a lot of rain during the summer but very seldom more than an inch in 24H. The few times we get more it often ends with flooding because the drainage? Isn't dimensioned for it. Normally 1 inch of rain is about 10 inches of snow.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:00 am

Great photos. The scenery and food look awesome but the photo of the pooch chilling on the couch is my favorite! Good looking dog you have there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:50 am

Joernolav wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Joe, is that weber at your cabin? Hope the meat didn't freeze while it was sitting there. But it turned out looking great as always. The scenery looks Christmas nice, but it also looks to cold for me. Since we didn't float away last night. If the rain we got last night would have been snow in Norway, they would have four or five feet.
Moved the Weber to the cabin last year since I upgraded at home. It's 17 years old and still looking fine. I have had a few cheaper grills at the cabin before. Because of the elements they only last 3 years before they rust apart. Even if the weber was expensive it's cheaper in the long run. I believe I paid about 1200 usd for it at the time so 70 usd a year so far is reasonable. :laughing7:

The rain you can get over there is really heavy. We don't get that here. We have a lot of rain during the summer but very seldom more than an inch in 24H. The few times we get more it often ends with flooding because the drainage? Isn't dimensioned for it. Normally 1 inch of rain is about 10 inches of snow.

Weber makes a fine product. I have a mini kettle at our lake house. As well as a barrel smoker. I must say though Joe, your "Cabin" looks quite large for a cabin. But 2nd homes are a lot of fun. Its nice to have another place to go to.

Hopefully Fonzie snagged a couple pieces of that steak.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:56 am

Joe, we had close to 8 inches of rain here the other day. That will tax any drainage system. But I am fortunate and have never flooded here at our house.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Fonzie always gets his share, if it's suitable for him. No reason to feel pity for him.

He is a Flatcoated retriever by the way.

dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Great Pictures, thank you very much :tup: :tup: :tup:
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
allenayres USER_AVATAR
allenayres
Rustler

Postby allenayres » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Great photos and gorgeous scenery Joe, thank you :) Now I want to take the kids there too. 8)

Everyone has their favorite mountains in Colorado, they’re usually right. Copper is awesome, if you’re traveling with younger kids like we do we like Winterpark for it’s varied slopes and the ski schools our kids enjoy.
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Great pictures, I love the scenery, it reminds me of Maine.
I was wondering how many hours of daylight you get at your cabin at this time of year?
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:36 am

allenayres wrote:Great photos and gorgeous scenery Joe, thank you :) Now I want to take the kids there too. 8)

Everyone has their favorite mountains in Colorado, they’re usually right. Copper is awesome, if you’re traveling with younger kids like we do we like Winterpark for it’s varied slopes and the ski schools our kids enjoy.

Just come. Lots of nice places to see here.

CliffCarter wrote:Great pictures, I love the scenery, it reminds me of Maine.
I was wondering how many hours of daylight you get at your cabin at this time of year?

I live in Oslo, the capital. We have about 6 hours of daylight at the moment. The cabin is about 125 miles drive further north. There it is 5 hours with daylight. If you go to the northern part of Norway it is dark from 20th of november until 22nd of january. Couldn't live there. But then they have sun 24/7 from 13th of may until 1st of august.

Here are a few more pictures from the terrain just behind the cabin, where we go cross country. My wife in one picture, and my kids a few years ago from behind in the other. Think this must be the last pictures so i dont turn the forum into a travel forum instead. :D :D
Attachments
1519688_10152763180782995_2439924205791861389_o.jpg
10269170_10152763180772995_1138663684340909587_o.jpg
Løype 1.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 am

CAPTION: "Yah, me Sweetheart, Joe, waxed them good and I'm in the kick-zone now" :salut: :rose: :salut: :cheers:

Coming from a Novice Redneck that's never gone up hill on Skis :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am

Absolutely Beautiful, only experienced snowfall three times in my life.

As always the steaks look awesome too, My brother has a Labrador also named Fonzie 8)

Stay warm Sir :santa:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 am

Fonzie salutes his name brother Fonzie.

Return to “General Discussion”