One of those Days

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

One of those Days

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:13 pm

About the only thing that went correctly today was the weather. Man, I could live with this 365 and be happy. :tup:
HOWEVER, things started going wrong when I went to our mailbox because my Suckle Busters Order HAD been delivered and, even tho there was a key for the larger boxes in my mailbox, the pkg was for a neighbor down the street. :angryfire: Things were falling apart because I had a Pork Shoulder that I was going to Pelletize tomorrow but I wanted to inject it, rub it down with the NEW Honey Rub that I had order, wrap it and put it in the Frig overnight. Well, even tho I had some Texas Pecan to use, this was not going to happen this evening because when I opened up the Shoulder I realized that I had not read all of the Label and it was in Pieces cut for Carnitas. Soooooo now it's back in the Frig in a ziplock and I don't have a clue as to what I"m going to do with it. For the last four days I have been planning pulled pork sammiches in the near future so I must regroup and think about what now "Oh Ye who didn't read the Label right" :banghead:

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

QUESTION :?: THE PORK IS DEFROSTED BUT HAS BEEN KEPT COLD AND IS NOW IN A ZIPLOCK - - - :?: :?: CAN I REFREEZE IT OR WOULD I BE TAKING A CHANCE :?: :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Re: One of those Days

Postby txsmkmstr » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:58 pm

I'd like to think those would smoke up just fine.... Lots of bark too - yum!!!
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Id smoke em too!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:45 am

i agree- smoke it
i'd put about 2~3hrs of smoke on it then put it in the slow cooker with a beer until it's ready to shred
how i do chuckies all the time- for tacos
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:50 am

Thanks, Gents, that's what I'll do, however, they are in a vacum bag and back in the freezer for now. :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 am

CaptJack wrote:i agree- smoke it
i'd put about 2~3hrs of smoke on it then put it in the slow cooker with a beer until it's ready to shred
how i do chuckies all the time- for tacos

Concur!

We used to pan-smoke country reebz for 'pulled pork.' Lots and lots of bark.
Moink!
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:12 pm

those make great kababs, or grilled pork accompanied by guacamole rolled up in a tortilla spritz with balsamic vinegar then season and grill you'll like em...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:54 pm

I messed up again, S.T. and should have put them in smaller batches so I don't have to defrost the entire thing again :banghead: OH WELL, like I said it was one of those Days - - - - I still haven't located my Suckle Busters Order and dealing with the USPS online SUCKS :banghead:

Return to “General Discussion”