Keeping a Beer Butt Chicken Warm

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Keeping a Beer Butt Chicken Warm

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:10 am

Anybody have a sure fire way of keeping a Beer Can Chicken Warm AND SAFE for about an hour "IF YOU DON"T HAVE ACCESS TO THE OVEN?" :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Keeping a Beer Butt Chicken Warm

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:24 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Anybody have a sure fire way of keeping a Beer Can Chicken Warm AND SAFE for about an hour "IF YOU DON"T HAVE ACCESS TO THE OVEN?" :dont:
Chaffing pan, water and sternos. Tent the whole bird and pan and use 2 sternos.

Obviously tho, unless you take the skin off, it will be soggy.

I've kept a whole bird warm this way so I know it works. In my case, I sacrificed the skin keeping it on so the bird wouldn't dry out. Its possible the steam from the water pan woulda kept it hydrated but I didn't take the chance.

Good luck Emm

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:31 am

woodenvisions wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Anybody have a sure fire way of keeping a Beer Can Chicken Warm AND SAFE for about an hour "IF YOU DON"T HAVE ACCESS TO THE OVEN?" :dont:
Chaffing pan, water and sternos. Tent the whole bird and pan and use 2 sternos.

Obviously tho, unless you take the skin off, it will be soggy.

I've kept a whole bird warm this way so I know it works. In my case, I sacrificed the skin keeping it on so the bird wouldn't dry out. Its possible the steam from the water pan woulda kept it hydrated but I didn't take the chance.

Good luck Emm

One IMPORTANT part I left out.

You WILL need to rig up something under the pan ur bird sits on.
The weight of the bird WILL collapse it if u don't put something under it for support and you WILL have water Everywhere..

Ask me how I know :):)

I used 2 small Ramekins.

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:01 am

For just an hour you could Pre heat (with hot water) a cooler and wrap in foil and in a towel. Wouldn’t go much more than a couple of hours or so.

No matter what I’m afraid you will have rubbery skin. Maybe serve it pulled?

Are you traveling with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:17 am

thanks, Gents, :salut: :tup: not traveling just waiting on Company and not positive of their ETA yet - - - the only one of those two solutions that is possible for me today will have to be the warm Cooler and Towel because I don't have the Sterno or anything that I can substitute - - - - I also may just time it so "THEY" have to wait for my Bird to finish cooking :laughing7: :lol: :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:46 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Gents, :salut: :tup: not traveling just waiting on Company and not positive of their ETA yet - - - the only one of those two solutions that is possible for me today will have to be the warm Cooler and Towel because I don't have the Sterno or anything that I can substitute - - - - I also may just time it so "THEY" have to wait for my Bird to finish cooking :laughing7: :lol: :D

I like that last option. They can visit while the bird finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:28 am

:salut:

Return to “General Discussion”