NEED - H.E.B. Marinated Fajita "INFO"

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

NEED - H.E.B. Marinated Fajita "INFO"

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Has anyone here tried the H.E.B. pre-marinated Fajitas :?:
If you have, then what was your opinion of them please.
Thanks, Emm
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Re: NEED - H.E.B. Marinated Fajita "INFO"

Postby limey » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:05 pm

I have had them once, not a big fan. Lots of fat on the meats and quite frankly do not like the seasoning, too salty for me.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:39 pm

thank you, Sir, my Son was considering them for a BD cook next Sat for his Bride so I'll tell him to pass :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:13 pm

No help on the HEB but if you have a Mexican market near you that’s the way to go. Their marinated fajita (beef and chicken) is hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:16 pm

we do and I will certainly tell him of your suggestion, Sooner Pal :tup: :salut:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:54 am

the wife buys them all the time...
I would marinate my own but seems I never have the time?
the beef and or chicken are ok tender wise but they must be washed washed and washed again to get the salt out...
so depending on his time factor he can decide which way he wants to go with the fajita cook, fresh limes and seasoning always work better if the "stars line up"
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 am

thanks, Pal, looks like that's right in line with what Limey said :tup: :salut: My problem with Washing Meat is that you end up washing off more than the Salt IMHO :whiteflag:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:21 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Pal, looks like that's right in line with what Limey said :tup: :salut: My problem with Washing Meat is that you end up washing off more than the Salt IMHO :whiteflag:
Hate to admit it, but I always wash my meat no matter what. Especially Pork and Chicken.
I'm not a fan of the " unknowns " between the meat and the cryovac.
Maybe its senseless but for me it gives me piece of mind.
As a good example, when I used to work for the food supply company we had One customer that would buy 320 lbs of Fresh Jumbo Party Wings every week. He was the Only customer that never had issues with the wings going bad before he could use them all.
Turns out, the day he received them from us, the very first thing he would do would be to open every 40# bag and rinse off every wing by hand, dry them and lightly spray them with oil. They would last him all week.
He would then Vacuum pack them in bags of 12 count and then put them in the fridge, Not the freezer.
The problem with wings going bad prematurely is the juice that they sit in, pretty nasty stuff.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:29 am

So do you wash your Pork Pan Sausage and Burger also ? I would think that they would be even more susceptible to foreign invaders than any of them :dont:
Just tossing things around, Pal :salut:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:37 am

OldUsedParts wrote:So do you wash your Pork Pan Sausage and Burger also ? I would think that they would be even more susceptible to foreign invaders than any of them :dont:
Just tossing things around, Pal :salut:
I actually do wash the sausages.
The burger no but any pork, I do

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:41 am

:roll: :dont: :scratch: :salut: :salut: :salut:
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:35 am

Can't help you with HEB, Parts. However if you've got a La Michoacana in the area their marinated fajita is really good along with everything I've every gotten there.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:51 am

like WV said I am a fan of rinse and pat dry with a paper towel, who know what is on the paper towel? or for that matter when we get to the germ phobia what is on the door handle or the ….. I do rinse and pat dry on the whole pieces of chicken, pork & beef, the ground meat no I usually cook or freeze prior to those meats having a chance to do anything. A fine example is lunch meat from the deli versus the prepackaged stuff from Oscar Mayer or the like, the deli stuff will not last over a week the prepackaged stuff will go petrified and still be unspoiled most of the time, so safety is in the hand of the food handler. The pre-marinated is a cooks chance and usually takes a time or two to get figured out, but even that is rinsed once prior to cooking, sometimes rinsed multiple times then soaked for an hour or more to get rid of the salt... as others have said salt is like a penetrant so to marinate meat well it must have salt as with brining, then rinse, rinse rinse and rinse in case the first two or three times missed something, or if you have time use lime juice and your favorite seasonings like tequilla (just a child size portion) and marinate your own :D
Last edited by spacetrucker on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:53 am

GTR wrote:Can't help you with HEB, Parts. However if you've got a La Michoacana in the area their marinated fajita is really good along with everything I've every gotten there.

BINGO - - - YES, it seems we do have one in Conroe so I'll be putting my Boy onto that info - - - Thanks, GTR :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
GTR wrote:Can't help you with HEB, Parts. However if you've got a La Michoacana in the area their marinated fajita is really good along with everything I've every gotten there.

BINGO - - - YES, it seems we do have one in Conroe so I'll be putting my Boy onto that info - - - Thanks, GTR :salut:

If he goes the La Michocana route tell him to pick up some tablitas as well. They are cross cut ribs that grill up real quick. Fantastic and they make a good cooks snack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”