Hey Boots

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Hey Boots

Postby GRailsback » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:42 am

Boots,

Any updates on Boots Jr, and his adventures so far at Purdue? Has he been to the triple xxx diner yet?

He will be needing some serious winter gear soon, along with a pair of ski's, and skates for when the river freezes over.

https://www.triplexxxfamilyrestaurant.com/
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Hey Boots

Postby Boots » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:40 am

LOL, no Triple X yet though we did drive by there and I’ve loved that root beer since I was a kid (read up a while back it originated in Indiana, and then Dublin Bottling picked it up fer a while after Dr P*****’s lawyers ******* the town over (IMHO). Next time up we’ll try it; he’s living pretty much out of the meal plan to save bucks. And I am waiting for the winter snow report, he took some cold gear but we’ll see if it measures up.

He likes Purdue a lot but has had to up his game study wise. Good schools have a reputation for a reason. Prayers always appreciated on that count, and thanks for asking.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:16 pm

I saw that diner on the tv the other night. I have never had that particular root beer, but I am curious to try it now.

Once Jr gets a sememster under his belt he will be fine. But he chose a very good school. I have an uncle that lives down the road in Bloomington, he is retired from the University of Indiana. And go ahead and head on down to the tractor supply and price out some carhart gear for Jr. He is going to need it.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 pm

You know, it’s a funny thing, his cold tolerance is the one thing he inherited from his grandfather who was from Souix Lookout, Ontario Canada.When he was a tad, he could run around for hours in the snow with feet and hands soaking wet. That is one of the things I attributed to his wanting to go to school in Indiana. I must’ve inherited thin blood for my West Texas forebears.

That said, when the streetlights start freezing up, I am probably going to get a call for extra blankets.

And you really ought to try the XXX root beer, I rate it the best and a clear leg up from IBC, Which I also boycott because of the same lawyer related issue I mentioned earlier because they are owned by them.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Looks like you have to order that root beer online.

Boots, perhaps you could share the Dr. Pepper and lawyer story with me.

Return to “General Discussion”