Urgent: Calling in Fire Support for Vet

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Urgent: Calling in Fire Support for Vet

Postby Boots » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:47 pm

Looks like this gentlemen could use immediate e-vac from his situation. Putting this out for any that want to help.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/ ... t-win.html
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Urgent: Calling in Fire Support for Vet

Postby Rambo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm

What the Gentleman should request, if the claim isn't honored by the Insurance Carrier, is an explanation of why. Now, after 40 years in this business, it's quite possible more of the loss falls on the Customer's unwillingness to spend premium than the Agent not offering the coverage but we don't know that.

Every Agent worth his salt has an errors and omissions policy and the gentleman should ask if the coverage's needed for this loss were offered to him prior to the loss and he refused them. If they were not, he has an E&O claim.

An Old Insurance man
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:32 pm

:shock: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:24 pm

He either rejected the coverage or the Agent didn’t offer it. There is a paper trail. I’m sick of this whoa is me America
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:49 pm

I am guessing since it looks like his trailer was probably a 100% home build, he probably doesn't have any retained receipts or back up to prove up his costs for the build and thus make a claim on what the full cost was to him (?). Sounds like it's a case of insufficient coverage; I'm no insurance guy but sounds like his coverage limit for the trailer on his policy was probably way less that the cost of the build.

Scratching my head further, not sure an insurance company would have a way to analyze what the replacement cost would be for such a rig, these shop built things are all completely unique and trade for all kinds of prices, and so no Kelley Blue Book on things like that. I bet he and his agent probably just wagged a number never thinking about a possible total loss given the odds.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “General Discussion”