Chupacabra

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Hoop
Pilgrim

Re: Chupacabra

Postby Hoop » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:47 am

My bad BSooner we were, I thought you were referring to Prime briskets at Central Market instead of the Chupacabra rub. I didnt see it my last time up there picking up pork belly but will definitely check again, thanks for the tip

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 am

Hoop wrote:My bad BSooner we were, I thought you were referring to Prime briskets at Central Market instead of the Chupacabra rub. I didnt see it my last time up there picking up pork belly but will definitely check again, thanks for the tip

:) I’ve been known to wander off course occasionally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoop
Pilgrim

Re: RE: Re: Chupacabra

Postby Hoop » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:32 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Y'all, I found that Two Gringos Rub at HEB yesterday in the Chupacabra Rub and also the Brisket Rub. Didn't score any at the moment because I have lots of spices I need to use up first. :salut:
Alright, found the Chupacabra rub at HEB (thanks OUP) but they didnt carry the Brisket magic at that location.
Oh well, did a Chupacabra rubbed chicken, a carribean jerk chicken and a brisket, all came out great. Chupacabra chicken on left in pics, jerk seasoned one on the right. It was pretty vesatile seasoning and could see using it on pork or wild game like venison as well. Still want to try their brisket magic, I'll probably order some online this week [THUMBS UP SIGN]ImageImageImageImageImage

twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Good Looking Brisket there Sir :salut:
allenayres USER_AVATAR
allenayres
Rustler

Postby allenayres » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 pm

A friend referred me to chupacabra, I ended up finding it 4 hours away at a gas station in Austin :shock:

2 weeks later the local HEB had it in stock :lol:

Good stuff, tho I don't like all the graininess on chicken when using it for competition (the spices tend to separate no matter how much I shake it up :) ), I guess it's perfect for brisket tho.

Return to “General Discussion”