I'm Starting A Trend

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

I'm Starting A Trend

Postby rms827 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:08 am

Things are still frustrating beyond belief with some of the issues I mentioned in the NextDoor.com thread (crime, nocturnal activity)... Hence my still being up at 4am local time.

Anyway, since I need to post something positive to try and take my mind off of it, I thought y'all would get a kick out of this... I have indeed seemed to start a small trend out here. People here generally think they're too cool to wear a cowboy hat, unless they're getting drunk and going to a country concert, then the posers come out of the woodwork, LOL. Since I got my Stetson for my birthday last year though, I've unapologetically worn it everywhere I go. Gotten a little hate too, but those folks can kiss my grits, LOL. I've actually seen other people starting to put on Stetsons, Resistols, etc... Not a ton of folks (yet) but it seems a few folks here and there are following suit. :mrgreen: :cheers: :texas:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: I'm Starting A Trend

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:47 am

OK, Pilgrim, let me edjeekate you a tad on Cowboy Lids. Whether they be Stetson, Reesities or whatever, UNTIL YOU HAVE pulled it down in a strong wind, taken it off so much that the brim has a tight roll on both sides and tipped it to the ladies enuff to wear a hole in the crown, it is just a Hat. However, after it has achieved the mileage, THEN it is a COWBOY HAT :salut: :texas:
Em-Lucy-Pooper.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:12 am

Parts almost has a Chris Ledoux curl to that brim. Looks good!

I wore them all the time until about 10 yrs ago when my head decided to get fat…keep meaning to get a new one that fits. I refer to that growing of the head as expanded knowledge, wife says my head finally caught up with the rest of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:18 am

It attracted the Ladies also, as you can see :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:27 am

OldUsedParts wrote:It attracted the Ladies also, as you can see :cheers:

I’m gonna leave the obvious jokes alone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:35 am

you're too classy for those that are that easy :roll: :laughing7:
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:14 am

OldUsedParts wrote:OK, Pilgrim, let me edjeekate you a tad on Cowboy Lids. Whether they be Stetson, Reesities or whatever, UNTIL YOU HAVE pulled it down in a strong wind, taken it off so much that the brim has a tight roll on both sides and tipped it to the ladies enuff to wear a hole in the crown, it is just a Hat. However, after it has achieved the mileage, THEN it is a COWBOY HAT :salut: :texas:
Em-Lucy-Pooper.jpg

:slap: :slap: :slap:

To quote Will Smith in MIB... "The difference between you and me, is I make this look good." :P :mrgreen:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:10 am

The Local Drugstore and Coca Cola are behind you all the way :roll: :whiteflag: :laughing7:

Return to “General Discussion”