Not as cold here

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Not as cold here

Postby Big Mike » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:40 pm

Well, here I sit in my hotel room outside Washington DC. It is 20 degrees. Not as cold as the -4 that I left at home this morning. Just finished a nice dinner at the Texas Roadhouse next door to the hotel.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: Not as cold here

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:42 pm

Big Mike wrote:Well, here I sit in my hotel room outside Washington DC. It is 20 degrees. Not as cold as the -4 that I left at home this morning. Just finished a nice dinner at the Texas Roadhouse next door to the hotel.

Is that the Willy Nelson chain? They put one in Longmont a while back, haven't been there yet.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:13 pm

I don't think he has any ownership in them, but they do have a Willie's Corner in every one of them. I saw a show a week or so ago on the Food Network about the Texas Roadhouse and how everything they make is from scratch.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:28 pm

I saw a menu on line. Willy's had his characture prominately displayed. Just figured he had an ownership interest.

55 here today, 60 tomorrow. Einstein is rising from the snow drifts, er the drifts are melting. I'm getting that itch!
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:34 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:I saw a menu on line. Willy's had his characture prominately displayed. Just figured he had an ownership interest.

55 here today, 60 tomorrow. Einstein is rising from the snow drifts, er the drifts are melting. I'm getting that itch!

Dang Dats, sounds like a heatwave!!
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:07 pm

I just got off the phone with the wife. She said they have gotten about 5 inches of snow today. May make my flight home tomorrow a bit interesting.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:30 pm

Yeh, We got about 5 inches of snow as well.
Texas Roadhouse is great. Prices are very reasonable and the meats are prime cut. They have some pretty good ribs and pork chops as well. Don't know if the ribs are steamed first, but you get a good meal for a great price.
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:58 pm

Bumping 70 here today! Had the chance to go fishing with oldest son today. We saw the resident bald Eagle! Beautiful,majestic bird.
Just have to keep the little fellow in the house!

Return to “General Discussion”