Springtime in Texas

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Springtime in Texas

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Just barely scratched the surface today but I'll post more and I hope others will, as well. Buttercups, Blue Bonnets and a few others got the call today and my camera suckiepoos but I'll try and do better real soon.

Hopefully, I can get out and get some good shots of some Indian Paint Brushes, Crimson Clover and others with a better camera :banghead:

:dont: :salut: :texas:

IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Springtime in Texas

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:51 pm

The closest green we have like that is on my kitchen window shelf getting sun.....
Looks like spring has sprung my friend.

As for here, we're getting ready for yet another TWO rounds of snow Friday morning and Monday night ...
Eventually we will get to spring :):)
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Beautiful; thanks for sharing
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:21 am

woodenvisions wrote:The closest green we have like that is on my kitchen window shelf getting sun.....
Looks like spring has sprung my friend.

As for here, we're getting ready for yet another TWO rounds of snow Friday morning and Monday night ...
Eventually we will get to spring :):)

Yeah, here, too.... :| Though we've already had snowdrops since February, and crocus in March.

OUP, what are the pink flowers in the first pic? Purdy.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:31 am

They are Buttercups, Mam, and probably my favorite from this time of year. When we were kids, our folks would tell us to smell these real good and when we would stick our nose in the cup the beautiful yeller pollen would cover our noses - - hence "buttercups". There are some areas with huge plots of these and if I can find a 'safe' pull off place and don't have to walk TOO FAR, I hope to take some better pics along with some other areas as well. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:24 am

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am

The ride out 290 is spectacular right now Parts.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:10 pm

I'll bet - - - if the Wiffy gets to feeling like it, we may do a little Baylor Park via Washington on the Brazos Roadie before season is over. We used to go to Round Rock Antique Show about this time also but got too old and anti-crowdie. :tup: :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:55 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:They are Buttercups, Mam, and probably my favorite from this time of year. When we were kids, our folks would tell us to smell these real good and when we would stick our nose in the cup the beautiful yeller pollen would cover our noses - - hence "buttercups". There are some areas with huge plots of these and if I can find a 'safe' pull off place and don't have to walk TOO FAR, I hope to take some better pics along with some other areas as well. :salut:

Thanks, Sir....we have something on our lawn called buttercup, aka trefoil, a completely different plant, which is a small yellow flower that spreads like mad.
Moink!
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:59 pm

I can promise it would be well worth the trip to at least get up into Washington County. I went to our place at Canyon Lake last weekend and it was really nice the whole way over and back. And I suspect it has gotten better this week.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:05 pm

I imagine that is one of the largest antique shows in the country out there. We have a friend that owns a restaurant there on 237 just a mile or so south of Warrenton. A place called The Oaks. And she gets swampped during that 2 week show.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:06 pm

My favourite flower are carnations, I don't know why, I just always loved them. These ones I grew from seed myself, I propagated around November last year, and transplanted into 2 large pots and also along the front side garden. I especially like the purple and white ones. The smell of these are amazing. I quite often walk past these ans smell as I pass them on our kitchen sideboard.
image.jpeg

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Beautiful Pard, Wiffy is a Carnation fan also and YES they do smell soooooooo good. :tup: :salut: :cheers:
guyeddie
Pilgrim

Postby guyeddie » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:07 am

Lovely flowers. :rose:
Looking forward to more camping trip with my family. I need a new tonneau cover to secure my equipment and pit.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:10 am

Springtime in Texas!!!!! :) at least this is what it means to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”