Marketing BBQ Fuel from Waste

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Marketing BBQ Fuel from Waste

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:27 pm

I have a friend in the Houston Area that was asking me about BBQ woods and wood pellets. In his business, he comes in contact with a lot of downed trees, wood chips and various and assorted pieces of them and he has to pay to dispose of them. Does anyone have any suggestions how this raw material could be turned into BBQ fuel or for fireplace fuel? If not Does anyone know or recommend where he could possibly market these scraps that are destined for a Land Fill some where? Are there any local businesses that Y'all know of that would be interested in this waste that we Cook with but on a more commercial level ?????
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: Marketing BBQ Fuel from Waste

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 pm

I know of no pellet makers in the area however there are a number of folks that market BBQ chips, chunks and splits.
If he could find one of those maybe he'd have a taker.

The pellet makers live off the flooring and furniture industries where the waste is clean sawdust.
tarde venientibus ossa....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Marketing BBQ Fuel from Waste

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:17 am

Thanks, Papa Tom, appreciate that input. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”