She May Be Old But She Can Still Cook

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

She May Be Old But She Can Still Cook

Postby Williep » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:23 pm

I added a fire box to this pit nearly 25 year's ago and she's still a cook'in but I've had to make a few repair's to the fire box over the year's. The last repair I did was because the fire box was starting to burn out, getting real thin, so I cleaned it out and put a thick layer of mortar topped with 3"- 3/16" plate on the bad side, I used the 3" so I could make it round like the 20" pipe and that was several month's ago, also had to add some flat bar around the door to keep the air out. Came real close to buying a Lyft Time Pit but I'm just not ready to give this one up. With it being just my wife and I, I'll just fire up the Old Smokey or the Old Country BBQ Pit but if I'm cooking for a group and where having brisket's, rib's or chicken or if the kid's and grandkid's are coming over for a bbq she will get fired up. She's been a good one so I think I'll keep her around a little longer.

Pic5.JPG
Pic6.JPG
Pic7.JPG
Pic8.JPG
Pic9.JPG
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Re: She May Be Old But She Can Still Cook

Postby JustinCouch » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:16 pm

Man that things beautiful. I have an old pit that I refuse to give up. Its getting redone this winter. The bottom is completely gone. Cant wait to start that project.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Willie Boy, you scared me for a minute - - - - I thought, "if he posts a pic of his Wiffy with that Caption, he ain't gonna have no Christmas much less a Happy one" :laughing7: :D :lol:
Nice, comfy and peaceful premises there. Some of the older things we own just get better with age and we get to know their little tricks and thingies which makes for a great relationship.

Merry Christmas to you and yours :tup: :salut: :santa:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:09 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Willie Boy, you scared me for a minute - - - - I thought, "if he posts a pic of his Wiffy with that Caption, he ain't gonna have no Christmas much less a Happy one" :laughing7: :D :lol:
Nice, comfy and peaceful premises there. Some of the older things we own just get better with age and we get to know their little tricks and thingies which makes for a great relationship.

Merry Christmas to you and yours :tup: :salut: :santa:

I thought that might get someone's attention. :lol: :lol:

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:55 am

Willie, love that homemade gin pole on the tractor, put me to thinkin, I could do that.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:16 am

Nice setup willie.ribs look yummo as well.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “General Discussion”