December 7th 1941

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

December 7th 1941

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 am

I was not quite 3 months old and too young to realize how much my Family's lives and mine would change in the following days.

God Bless Them one and All :salut: :flag:

EagleBow.jpg
EagleBow.jpg (13.22 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Re: December 7th 1941

Postby ChileFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 am

I remember listing on our old battery radio about the war. Being a young kid I was scared to death. Still am. CF
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:05 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I was not quite 3 months old and too young to realize how much my Family's lives and mine would change in the following days.

God Bless Them one and All :salut: :flag:

EagleBow.jpg

Amen.
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:54 pm

We were talking about it in the pub yesterday, I thought 1942 but my mate corrected me. I googled it. 380 planes attacked a seemingly unprotected harbour. I've visited the place but regret I never visited the memorial.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:48 pm

It is a privelege to visit the memorial. The thing that struck me most were all the vets, knowing their time was short, with their families riding the ferry over to pay tribute to their fallen comrades. I've never seen anything so solemn and moving, and probably never will again. Ours is the debt that cannot be repaid.

Russ, please tell all yer mates at the pub we remember the Kiwis and the Aussies too, they also stepped up, manned up, and saw the job through to the end, and in some places not even a snake would want to live in. We appreciate them all.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:57 pm

Boots wrote:It is a privelege to visit the memorial. The thing that struck me most were all the vets, knowing their time was short, with their families riding the ferry over to pay tribute to their fallen comrades. I've never seen anything so solemn and moving, and probably never will again. Ours is the debt that cannot be repaid.

Russ, please tell all yer mates at the pub we remember the Kiwis and the Aussies too, they also stepped up, manned up, and saw the job through to the end, and in some places not even a snake would want to live in. We appreciate them all.

Boots, thanks for that, the Anzus agreement works for all. We have troops on the ground at the moment in Europe. The Maori battalion were feared in the world wars. I'd have been scared to.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “General Discussion”