Ants in the BBQ Grills

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: Ants in the BBQ Grills

Postby Txdragon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:07 pm

I've never worried much about ants in the grill. While I haven't seen any making their way around in it, I wouldn't imagine they'd be happy campers after I lit her up.
As for any ant mounds in the yard, i'll soak it good with gas and toss a match on it :dont: No fire ant problem fer me! If you're a bit more self-conscious about keeping your lawn a bit less toasted, Ortho has a few good lawn sprayers i've used before. Awfully expensive, about 14 bucks to treat about 3/4 of my front yard. Kinda why I just stuck with gas and a match. :cheers:
(Insert witty signature here)
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:21 pm

I use Over and Out in the grass for the fireants.

Around the pits, and the house for that matter, I use Demon Max. I don't actually spray the pit, but the concrete around it, and I have not had a single ant problem. Even when the kids drop popsicles, the ants don't come.

The Demon is safe for kids and pets as soon as it dries.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:00 am

Thanks Tx1911, might try and locate some of that to dust the premises with next time :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:39 am

It's a liquid concentrate, and you can find it at most Ace's, Lowes, Home Depots, but it's cheapest on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Demon-Max-Insect ... =demon+max
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 am

:tup: I'm on first name basis with all those places :D :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
BigDave
Bandolero

Postby BigDave » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:50 am

Just lite a fire! If they survive, call the military as they would have some kind of interest in those ants! :lol: :lol:
dub'
Cowboy

Postby dub' » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:05 pm

borax and corn syrup home made bait. safe to drink,even. kills the queen.
constanza78
Pilgrim

Postby constanza78 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:14 am

Hello guys,

5 Surprising Ways to Keep Bugs Away From Your BBQ

In the event that you know anything about Who Knew?, you realize that we know BBQs and we know bugs. These virtuoso hacks consolidate both to give you five astonishing approaches to keep mosquitoes, ants, honey bees, and different bugs from your BBQ.

Trap Bees and Wasps

In our bugs web recording, we revealed to you how to transform a 2-liter jug into a bug trap. In any case, a much easier path is to just leave open jars of pop around the edge of your gathering. Honey bees, wasps, and different bugs will be pulled in to the pop, rather than your visitors. (On the off chance that you can't beat them, let them go along with you?)

Bug Trick for Charcoal Grills

In the event that you have a charcoal barbecue, ward off bugs and mix meat with flavor with rosemary or sage. Place sprigs of either (or both) specifically over seething coals. Mosquitoes don't care for the smell and will remain away.

Ward off Ants

Here's another way charcoal can repel bugs—this time, ants. Take a bit of charcoal, crush it up, and spread the pieces around the border of your cookout territory. The ants won't cross the charcoal way, abandoning you to appreciate the sustenance! (Here are all the more simple approaches to dispose of ants.)

DIY Mosquito Coil

A mosquito loop, which you can purchase in stores, consumes a synthetic that is repellent to mosquitoes. Be that as it may, you can do it at home for substantially less expensive with smoke from any sort of cardboard. Pick cardboard that isn't dealt with, at that point light it ablaze and blow it out. Place it on your flame broil or elsewhere safe to give it a chance to consume and the smoke will float way up yonder, into the clouds—repulsing mosquitoes while avoiding you and your visitors. (Here are all the more simple approaches to dispose of mosquitoes.)

Ward off Bugs from Outdoor Lights

You turn an open air light on, and the bugs run to it! Give open-air lights a citronella flame impact (for considerably less expensive than the candles themselves) by leaking a few cloves of garlic in high temp water for 15 minutes. Put the blend in a splash container, and shower on open-air lights each couple of days. At the point when the lights are turned on and warm up, they'll emanate a blackout garlicky smell that repulses bugs.

building inspections Sydney
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:34 am

OldUsedParts wrote:
Okie Sawbones wrote:OUP is afraid of propane. :shock: I'd light them up with my weed burner.

:laughing7: :D :lol: OK, I deserved that but it ain't me that's got the spooks (at least not for Propane) :whiteflag: It's that other Gas that bothers me :laughing7: :D :lol:

TwoGuysBBQ wrote:I hear Barbecued Ants are good eating,...their just hard to keep from falling through grill :lol:

Maybe some stainless water well screen would prevent that but how'da heck am I gonna get bacon to wrap around them :?: :dont: :laughing7:

W V, can you buy peppermint and spearmint in any form other than Gum ?

Fin, my only problem would be getting the Cats unstuck from the top of the Oak Trees. :laughing7: :lol:

I don't know if anyone has answered this yet but we buy peppermint oil (for candymaking) at Michael's, a crafts store. Or Amazon. Maybe you can find some in a local supermarket?

But then everything you grill might taste like PEPPERMINT. :shock:
Moink!
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:48 am

As Sailor meantioned, Peppermint works really well. Cinnamon and Cayenne work great for Ants as well, they go nuts when you introduce those to them.

Good luck

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”