Is anybody as cheap as me?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Is anybody as cheap as me?

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:33 pm

When I go into our local Kroger - the meat department keeps a bargin bin. I cant resist loading up - scored a bunch of porterhouse steaks today - gonna grill those bad boys this week.

Its weird - they were as fresh as anything else in the meat market. For a given cut, like poterhouse, whenever select grade is on sale, the premium meat gets put in the bargin bin. (I suppose nobdy is buying the premium grades?)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:45 pm

I found in these parts the mark downs go in the bin just before shift changes. Word to the wise 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Well we generally we have grassfed home raised beef. But on the occiason that we run out before we have another ready to go to the processing house I will buy the quick sale meats. In fact thats about the only way I get to buy lamb chops.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:03 pm

Well now yall talking about a cheapskate...I bees alive and well right here. I mostly stalk Tom Thumb since it so close to my balliwick etc. I walk in there today and they have some very good Sanderson Farms unpumped chickens on sale for .29..with an expiry date of tomorrow. I grabbed three and they now residing in the freezer. This is of the same batch they was running on special for .69 last week. I am a smart chopper huh?

bigwheel
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:58 pm

bigwheel wrote:Well now yall talking about a cheapskate...I bees alive and well right here. I mostly stalk Tom Thumb since it so close to my balliwick etc. I walk in there today and they have some very good Sanderson Farms unpumped chickens on sale for .29..with an expiry date of tomorrow. I grabbed three and they now residing in the freezer. This is of the same batch they was running on special for .69 last week. I am a smart chopper huh?

bigwheel

.69 is the "sale" price around here. Usually up over 1.19 with boneless breasts pushing 4.50/lb. I gotta move.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:12 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:
bigwheel wrote:Well now yall talking about a cheapskate...I bees alive and well right here. I mostly stalk Tom Thumb since it so close to my balliwick etc. I walk in there today and they have some very good Sanderson Farms unpumped chickens on sale for .29..with an expiry date of tomorrow. I grabbed three and they now residing in the freezer. This is of the same batch they was running on special for .69 last week. I am a smart chopper huh?

bigwheel

.69 is the "sale" price around here. Usually up over 1.19 with boneless breasts pushing 4.50/lb. I gotta move.

Boneless breasts here $3.99lb, on sale $1.99 lb
CoyoteBlues
Rustler

Postby CoyoteBlues » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Sounds smart to me...not cheap :P

I can't find those kinda deals around here!!! :cry:
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:29 pm

CB, tell them Brookshire boys to help a fellow out sometime!
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call

Return to “General Discussion”