9-11 Where were you?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:54 pm

I was in a car dealership negotiating a deal on a some new wheels. Couldn't close the deal that day cause all the finance company wasn't answering calls or phones. Dealer was willing to give me possession and let me drive it home but I said no, I'll come back tomorrow.

On the drive back up the mountain I said to the Mrs that this is going to be WWIV (III being the cold war). I'm right once in a while.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:37 am

DaHorns wrote:
copkid wrote:It was heck for anyone to try and find a car to rent!!
I never even thought of that part, dang!

Yeah, we were stuck there for a few days. Airports were closed, then all the panic - I wasnt about to get on a plane. Luckily we already had a rental car and drove home. L-O-N-G drive.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
paulr USER_AVATAR
Paulr
Rustler

Postby Paulr » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:00 am

We we're lying in bed (watching TV) and getting ready to go to sleep. Then there was a breaking news update and all of a sudden it was on all the channels... We didn't go to sleep until the early morning (and saw the towers fall). It was scary (even from as far away as Sydney)...
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
Visit the new Australian BBQ Blog: http://www.aussiebbq.info/wp
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:27 am

I was supposed to have been in Italy at the time for our 20th anniversary. Had reservations and everything. Luckily my wife decided we were going to Barbados at an earlier date (another story).

So I was at my home office talking to a co-worker who lived a few miles from there...we were still talking when the 2nd plane hit and knew it wasn't an accident.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36

Return to “General Discussion”