Italian BBQ Site

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Italian BBQ Site

Postby copkid » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Okay ya'll! I need your help!
I belong to an Italian BBQ forum, and have entered a contest this weekend for grilling a chicken breast! Now, this is not my favorite cut of chicken as I tend to dry them out and overcook them, but obviously, pictures will be my best weapon! The whole point is to show how we can quickly whip up some chix for unexpected guests. It can't be marinated for more than 30 minutes, and sides that you serve count as well! Now, I'm a moderator on the site, so my entry will be for show only, but I want to do well.
Right now, my plan of attack is to grill a breast and make a killer American sandwich!
Now just visit the site, and take a look at these guys/gals pics. They include every single detail of what they do! It is amazing!
The link is:

http://www.bbq4all.it/forum/index.php

For a good example of what they grill, go to the column listed as 'Ricette al Barbecue'. Look at some of the whole fish they grill. It will make your mouth water! You won't be able to understand most of the language, but the pics speak for themselves! They do have an English section as well!

They love to see great American food, so help me make a piled high sandwich, or any other ideas are welcome!!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:34 pm

I would love to see but, it wants you to sign in. :?
How about bacon wrapped chicken breasts or bacon wrapped chicken roulades? Does it have to be a sandwhich? :D
Jim
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:47 pm

OSD wrote:I would love to see but, it wants you to sign in. :?
How about bacon wrapped chicken breasts or bacon wrapped chicken roulades? Does it have to be a sandwhich? :D

hmmm, just try www.bbq4all.it

Maybe that will work better.
No, it doesn't have to be a sandwich, but sandwiches are very American! I just want to show off American, as it is hard to compete with the VERY fresh ingredients and herbs that the Italians have! I was thinking of chix wrapped in bacon, maybe dripping with honey mustard sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, along with some grilled pineapple, plums with a sweet bourbon sauce, some brussel sprouts cooked in a paper bag with butter or some asparagus grilled with almonds or sesame seeds...............darn, I need to go eat something!! :lol: :lol:
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:54 pm

It won't let me in anything but the top 2 sections. :( The next ones down it says to sign in. :(

That menu you have sounds great. :D :D Maybe add some aged Provolone on the sandwhich. :D :D
Jim
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:17 pm

OSD wrote:That menu you have sounds great. :D :D Maybe add some aged Provolone on the sandwhich. :D :D

Yeah, what you have listed sounds like a winner to me.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:43 pm

Sounds like Speides be just whut the doctor ordered on this deal. They supposed to be Eyetalian food anyway. It a cubed marinated and rapid grilled shishkabob. I have posted the recipe several times. Cubed chicken breastes works well on it. If you can vacuum marinate with your food saver buckets should only need 20 mins and an occasional shake. If you can vacuum marinate whilst tumbling..make that 10 min. If you aint got no modern conveniences it supposed to martinate 3 hours..but 30 mins at regular pressure be mo betta than nothing. Click on the link if you want to sheck it out and if you aint already:

http://www.jodysgarage.com/rcp7.htm

bigwheel

Return to “General Discussion”