Watcha Doin This Weekend 6/15 - 6/17

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Doin This Weekend 6/15 - 6/17

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:02 am

Fathers Day Weekend!! And if you're me, father's day starts TODAY!! :lol: So, we wanna know what the big father's day plans are. NASCAR is in Michigan this weekend. Will my boy #12 finally WIN after 2 consecutive 2nd place finishes? (he was robbed in Pocono)
Sooo, what are YOU doing this weekend??
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:16 am

OH yeah, he was robbed. You don't want to know the obscenities that came out of my mouth when the race was called. Thankfully, the kids were at a neighbor's house! BTW, I'm only about an hour or so away from MIS. Les was in the area yesterday and saw a lot of campers. If they'd gotten off work early, they were going to go since yesterday was a free entry day at the track. Sadly, they didn't finish in time. Good for him because I would have been really, really jealous at home cutting grass while he was having fun at the track.

Tomorrow, it's off to the local nursery. They have all their plants marked at clearance prices in anticipation of closing tomorrow afternoon for the season. Hopefully, I'll get some really good deals to finish my yard and vegetable garden. Other than that, I'm not sure. We'll make Les a special dinner on Sunday but are foregoing a lot of money on Mother's and Father's Day this year so we can use it for family camping trips and things.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the dads!!
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:31 am

Supposed to rain most the weekend off and on, so am trying to cook supper now :shock: .
Gonna hit a wine place for happy hour, which we never do, but why not for a change.
Will be picking up a couple more wine kits, and a 2nd carboy tomorrow to make soon. Need to step it up a notch with two batches at a time. Seems we can't keep up since they have been turning out real good :roll:
Also, mod my WSM...gonna put some wheels on it :)
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Sat., I'm going to work at the shop most of the day.
Sun, is for relaxing and grilling. :D :D
Jim
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:36 pm

We could really use some rain here in Indy!!! :cry:

I'm making hubby go shopping here in a bit, and then we'll go to Texas Roadhouse for his Fathers Day dinner. (his fav. restaurant). It will just be us and the four year old. We dropped the two older kids off at the Indiana Conservation Officer youth camp yesterday. This is the camp named after my Dad. My daughter is a camper this year, and my son, 15 is a gopher. In other words, he cuts onions and peppers all week, refills water jugs, and is the general mutt of the camp! :lol: See the link below for more details.
It is going to be so hot all week, keep the campers and staff in your prayers!
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads!!
Laura
www.icoo.com
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:32 pm

The Karl E. Kelley Memorial Youth Camp sounds like a really cool camp! Sounds like it keeps growing per demand. Thats a good thing!

I am proud of your father even though I never knew that man. Sounds like he was very well respected by family as well as his peers...

I will have to look and see what kind of camps they have like this in Texas. I bet that my son would enjoy something like that.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Allie

Postby Allie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Laura, we're needing some rain up north, too. We've spent lots of money and time working on our yard and without rain, it's looking just awful! Hope you guys get some soon!

Return to “General Discussion”