Watcha Doin This Weekend 6/9 - 6/10

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Well Ive decided to purchase a riding mower for my lawn. I figure I'd be savin money down the road. Currently I have a lawn service fertilize and weed the yard, 6 applications, $70 bones each time :shock: plus saves the year end aeration rental at $80 bones. I can get an attachment for both and save time from walking the yard. Lookin at a Cub Cadet with one of those fancy Kohler engines, they say the Briggs and Stratton don't seem to cut it (no pun intended) these days.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:14 pm

Those Cadets are nice. :D Have you looked at a John Deere?
I like the Kohler engines, I have one on a pressure washer and one on a generator, both are used all the time and haven't had any problems. :D
Jim
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:47 pm

OSD wrote:Those Cadets are nice. :D Have you looked at a John Deere?
I like the Kohler engines, I have one on a pressure washer and one on a generator, both are used all the time and haven't had any problems. :D

after my research i've concluded that they are all the same engines but different bodies. I was lookin at a Husqvarna but it had the same Kohler engine as the Cub Cadet, same HP, etc but costs $200 more dollars! I have a husqvarna edger that I love. Home Depot has 12 months no interest!
The John Deere's use the Briggs and Stratton engines....read more good reviews about the Kohler. It's 20hp, don't need it to be that powerful

My old neighbor got an aerator attachment for his tractor a couple years ago and had pretty much the neighborhood askin him to aerate their lawn at $30 a clip! He paid that mower off that fall! Hope to do that with this thing :lol:
scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:01 am

Just make sure it comes with a "cup holder" :wink:
Regards,
Scotty
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:35 am

Fri & Sat-We cooked in a cookoff this weekend in Round Rock with 36 other teams, had a great time, but boy o boy was it H-O-T out there. Felt good about turn-ins and turned out the judges agreed:

Jackpot Open-2nd
Ribs-8th
Chicken-10th

Sunday-Recovering from Fri & Sat, and going to pick up my new addition to my BBQ family.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:42 am

Congrats, DaHorns :D :D Great showing. :tup:
Jim
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:01 am

Nice job DaHorns!
a stumpted toe hurts