Cameras used in throwdown

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

xxfubarxx
Rustler

Cameras used in throwdown

Postby xxfubarxx » Thu May 31, 2007 7:36 am

Ok, Not sure if this goes here or in general but sure it can be moved. Just wondering what the great food picture pics are taken with, what kind of cameras are used ? Figured this wold be a cheater thread because it has to do with throwdown and cameras. Mainly because these pics are unreal. Clear and detailed. My Canon A70 died on me and so did my ex's Canon (forget model). So I'm not real happy with them right now. Thats about $6-700 worth of cameras, when I bought them, that died within a year or 2 of buying them.Looking for a digital around $275 or lower.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu May 31, 2007 7:55 am

I use a Kodak DX6440 :D It has been good not the best camera but dependable. It needs to be replaced. It is a tough little guy. I have dropped it on the concrete patio and thought for sure it was a goner, but it stills works :shock: :D Just doesn't look too good anymore. :( So, I'm interested in the same info on new cameras. :D :D
Jim
scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Thu May 31, 2007 8:23 am

Minolta S404

Takes great pics....but you can have the greatest camera in the world, but still take crappy pictures. When doing the close ups, I use the macro mode, adjust the flash, set the focus manually, and adjust the ISO brightness.....basically I'm saying that you need to read the manual on the camera and do a little research on the net on how to take good pics (lighting, angle, color depth, etc)
http://www.digicamhelp.com/taking-photo ... echniques/
Regards,
Scotty
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Thu May 31, 2007 8:29 am

I am using a Kodak EasyShare DX4530. I would like to ba able to take better closups and get my object centered better. Seems I get it centered and then when I look it isn't....or maybe that is operator error :shock: :oops:
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu May 31, 2007 8:32 am

I use the Mrs's Camera. A Sony CyberShot DSC100? Lots of modes, zoom, & even movie with sound. Less than $300 all said.
Last edited by DATsBBQ on Thu May 31, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu May 31, 2007 8:54 am

Very helpful link Scotty :D :D
Jim
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Thu May 31, 2007 10:24 am

Wish I new who's pics were who's on the Throwdown. Maybe after the results. That way we can tell what camera took what. Some of those pictures were just as clear and clean as I could ever want.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:50 am

xxfubarxx wrote:Wish I new who's pics were who's on the Throwdown. Maybe after the results. That way we can tell what camera took what. Some of those pictures were just as clear and clean as I could ever want.

keep your eyes peeled.....we'll reveal who's pics went with who after the winner is announced :D
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Thu May 31, 2007 11:15 am

My husband has collected Canons for years, and we have never had any problems. I will advise you to get them repaired. When we have ever had to sell one, it has never lost value! Maybe try to find some Canon forums and see what the problem might be.
Personally, I am using a Nikon D40. It is borrowed from hubby's job. I don't think it takes better pics than Canon, but fits in my female hands better and just seems easier to use for me.
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Thu May 31, 2007 11:29 am

I use a Canon S1 IS Powershot. I love it it's an up grade from an Olympus and I like it the Canon better. It has a ton of features only problem is it's not in production any more. If I had to get another I would get the S2 in a heartbeat. Here's mine

http://www.cameras.co.uk/details/canon- ... -s1-is.cfm

I've found this place to be a great camera review place
http://www.dpreview.com/
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:59 pm

Canon Rebel XTi. Still learning how to use it.
a stumpted toe hurts
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Thu May 31, 2007 9:09 pm

I used a Sony DSC-W55. Karen's Birthday was 5/22, so as a present for that, Mother's Day, and in prep for a family reunion in late June I got this camera for her. When I was looking for a cam, the salespeople all said they had this camera, so I tried it. Cam itself was about $200. Adding a case and a 4 gig memory stick boosted the price to just over $300. So far we've been pretty happy with it.

BTW, these pics were mine. My other pics were taken using a PDA that has since disappeared, hence the purchase of the Sony. :wink: :
Image Image Image
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen

Return to “General Discussion”