What we do for a living?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Allie

Postby Allie » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:23 am

nascarchuck wrote:You know where Millen, GA is? My wife has family there. I love it there. Would move in a heartbeat if I could find a decent paying job there.

We stopped in Videlia once on the way home. Was lookinmg for the famous Videlia onions. They were out of season. :(

I have been through Millen before but don't know anyone there. The best time to go looking for Vidalia Onions is in May. They have a big festival with beauty queens, onion eating contests, onion cooking contests, and lots of other activities. It's in early May but I can't remember exactly when. On US HWY 280 there is a Vidalia Onion store and restaurant. I am sure they have onions for sale year round. Nowadays they store the onions so can keep them longer. Of course, I can get them in stores here in Indiana now. Just yesterday, I bougth 3 lbs for $1.39 and the yellow onions were 3 lbs for $2.19.

We might should move all this to another topic! This doesn't have a lot to do with what we do for a living. lol
3970010 USER_AVATAR
Wrangler

Postby 3970010 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:14 am

I sell janitor contracts for our family business that my Grandfather started in 1962. We service several of that plants that line the Houston Ship Channel and bunches of office buildings. So in short, I am a janitor.
bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Postby bob n humble » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:07 am

I work for Fluid Power Equip. Inc. We build pump systems for oil, water, natural gas as a fill in. Our main systems are Fire Pump systems for the offshore rigs.
Bob

www.tgcbca.org
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Nuthin, retired. Worked computer support forever, Teradata. Got laid off in '03.
Of course no such thing as real retirement I do finish carpentry, some computer support, electronics repair, mechanical repairs, you name it.
tarde venientibus ossa....
J-Bar-H John

I build houses

Postby J-Bar-H John » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:45 pm

I am a project manager for a home builder. This supports my bbq habit.
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:44 am

3970010, darn you need an easier name. I live in your area. I might have even met you. I work right off of Normandy and Woodforest at the bar there. I saw your pics from the cookoff at ..wanna say Hogstop. Over by Sheldon somewhere. I was curious to see if I've ever met or seen you around. Maybe even at the Harris County Annex during the cookoff.
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:34 am

Job change, same company (Nortel)
Going back to my previous function...Will be managing the optical equipment install and commissioning for from IL and westward.

Gonna get really busy again. :( , but I'd rather be busy than unemployed :)
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:47 am

bowhnter wrote:Job change, same company (Nortel)
Going back to my previous function...Will be managing the optical equipment install and commissioning for from IL and westward.

Gonna get really busy again. :( , but I'd rather be busy than unemployed :)

I hear that 8)
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:31 pm

xxfubarxx wrote:3970010, darn you need an easier name. I live in your area. I might have even met you. I work right off of Normandy and Woodforest at the bar there. I saw your pics from the cookoff at ..wanna say Hogstop. Over by Sheldon somewhere. I was curious to see if I've ever met or seen you around. Maybe even at the Harris County Annex during the cookoff.

I think that 3970010 mentioned something about meeting you before at the Harris County Jail... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

probbq USER_AVATAR
ProBBQ
Wrangler

Postby ProBBQ » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Erm.... BBQ :)
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:50 pm

I mosty direct traffic around shiney red fire trucks which has been parked cross wise of the road at minor accident scenes. Dont even get me started cussin about gas leaks. I think they should spend mo time watching Jerry Springer and Oprah.

bigwheel
paulr USER_AVATAR
Paulr
Rustler

Postby Paulr » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:12 am

Umm, IT Project Manager for a Financial Services company..
Yep boooooring, but it brings in the money to spend on my BBQ's!
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
Visit the new Australian BBQ Blog: http://www.aussiebbq.info/wp

Return to “General Discussion”