What we do for a living?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Allie wrote:Head chef, maid, daycare provider, inventory control, bookkeeper, financial adviser, professional shopper, personal assistant, chauffeur, private tutor, landscaper, and laundress. Hmm, I think that about covers all the jobs I do on a daily basis as a stay at home mom. As hectic and trying as it can be at times, I really do love what I do!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can relate Allie!
I'm in Mooresville, In. Where are you?
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
Allie

Postby Allie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:57 pm

I'm up in the northeast between Kendallville and Angola. I live in Lagrange County about 200 feet from the Stueben line. I have no idea where Mooresville is.
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Allie wrote:I'm up in the northeast between Kendallville and Angola. I live in Lagrange County about 200 feet from the Stueben line. I have no idea where Mooresville is.

I'm about 10 miles southwest of Indy. I have a good earful of the Indpls Airport from my house! :cry:
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Allie

Postby Allie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Oh I'd hate that! I lived in Lebanon and also Frankfort several years ago. We didn't get over to your side very much. Are you near Shelbyville? Les helped build a nursing home in some town who's name started with an "M" that was near there. The placed was called whatever the name of the town Manor. It's been about 7 years and I had a small baby at the time so the brain just doesn't remember much from those sleepless days. lol
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:42 pm

Allie,
Actually grew up in Waldron, In. which is a little town in Shelby county! The only town around there with a M, is Morristown that I can recall off the bat!
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:23 am

That's probably the one I'm thinking of....Morristown Manor sounds right to me. lol I've lived in Indiana for the past 9 years. We have lived in Warsaw, North Manchester, Wabash, Lebanon, Frankfort, and now near Hudson. We're out in the country now!
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:07 pm

Allie wrote:That's probably the one I'm thinking of....Morristown Manor sounds right to me. lol I've lived in Indiana for the past 9 years. We have lived in Warsaw, North Manchester, Wabash, Lebanon, Frankfort, and now near Hudson. We're out in the country now!

Is that Frankfort, IL or another state? My F-I-L grew up in West Frankfort, IL
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:09 pm

nascarchuck wrote:
Allie wrote:That's probably the one I'm thinking of....Morristown Manor sounds right to me. lol I've lived in Indiana for the past 9 years. We have lived in Warsaw, North Manchester, Wabash, Lebanon, Frankfort, and now near Hudson. We're out in the country now!

Is that Frankfort, IL or another state? My F-I-L grew up in West Frankfort, IL

Chuck,
There is a Frankfort, In. near Lebanon, In. , so I'm pretty sure that is where she is talking about. All in the northern half of the State!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:14 pm

Ahhhh... OK....
Chuck

mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:42 am

hay we dont live that far apart I'm hear in Goshen warsaw is only about 30 min from here.kendallville is not that far eather.
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
Allie

Postby Allie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:44 pm

Yep, I know where Goshen is! When we lived in Warsaw, we got up to that area often. I loved eating at that huge Chinese restaurant there. I can't remember the name but there was a lot of shopping in the area. lol That's been about 8 years ago!

Laura is correct. All of those are towns in the northern half of Indiana. I've lived in Indiana since 1998 and before that lived in Georgia all of my life.
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Allie wrote:Yep, I know where Goshen is! When we lived in Warsaw, we got up to that area often. I loved eating at that huge Chinese restaurant there. I can't remember the name but there was a lot of shopping in the area. lol That's been about 8 years ago!

Laura is correct. All of those are towns in the northern half of Indiana. I've lived in Indiana since 1998 and before that lived in Georgia all of my life.

Now there is a state that I would like to move to. I loved it in GA. In fact a recruiter that I have dealt with in the past called me Friday and said that she had a job for me in Atlanta...
Chuck

Allie

Postby Allie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:23 pm

I'm not a city girl so wouldn't care for Atlanta. I actually lived about 4 hours south in Vidalia Onion country. All of my family still lives down in southeast Georgia. One day I might go back but I'm pretty happy with my life in Indiana. I do miss the beach.......Great Lakes beaches are nice but not compared to the ocean!
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:15 pm

You know where Millen, GA is? My wife has family there. I love it there. Would move in a heartbeat if I could find a decent paying job there.

We stopped in Videlia once on the way home. Was lookinmg for the famous Videlia onions. They were out of season. :(
Chuck

mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:27 pm

Allie wrote:Yep, I know where Goshen is! When we lived in Warsaw, we got up to that area often. I loved eating at that huge Chinese restaurant there. I can't remember the name but there was a lot of shopping in the area. lol That's been about 8 years ago!

we now have 5 chinese restaurans and A LOT more shopping all over LOL
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592

Return to “General Discussion”