Merry Christmas from the Texas BBQ Forum

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Merry Christmas from the Texas BBQ Forum

Postby Gator » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:16 am

Howdy,

We at the Texas BBQ Forum would like to offer a warm, heart-felt Merry Christmas out to you today. And we do mean CHRISTmas. Its the time of year when we think about friends, loved ones and especially those who serve us and people in need. If you get a chance - help someone out this Christmas; a kind word, prayer or maybe just an uplifting hello and smile will go a long way. And if you are blessed - you are blessed for a reason - so be a blessing to someone else. Not only will they appreciate it, but you will feel good too. So, Merry Christmas from us here at the forum, reach out and bless someone today and help us spread the true spirit of Christmas.

Our hearts go out the the family of JamesB this holiday, yall are in our prayers. RIP James.

Merry Christmas from Texas 'yall,

:santa:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

Re: Merry Christmas from the Texas BBQ Forum

Postby cokeguy101 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:23 am

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well Gator! Without you and your family's dedication we wouldn't have the opportunity to associate here! So, thank you and Merry Christmas!

James will be forever missed on this forum by us, but even more than we can imagine by family! My thoughts and prayers are with James's family, friends, and loved ones! May god watch over them and help to heal their pain, and guide his family!
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:45 am

Merry Christmas
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
harvestmoon USER_AVATAR
HarvestMoon
Outlaw

Postby HarvestMoon » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 am

Have a safe and merry Christmas.
Modified Landmann Black Dog 42 Grill & Smoker
Weber 22.5" One-Touch Gold & 18.5" WSM
Char-Broil Masterflame 7000
Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
Rehab is for Quitters
gomeat USER_AVATAR
Gomeat
Cowboy

Postby Gomeat » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Merry Christmas to all!!!
http://timstailgatebbqteam.com/
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/page ... 4626257902" target="_blank
Hasty Bake Fiesta & Hastings
Klose Smoker
"Acta Non Verba; In Incendia Verum"
txngent USER_AVATAR
txngent
Bandolero

Postby txngent » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Been a real hard year this year for the ol'Gent as well as many of my Q bros and sisters. If ever we need a bringing together of friends, family, and loved ones it is now. Funny how the birth of Christ gives believers and even non-believers a great feeling in the heart no matter what the personal situations may be. Merry CHRISTmas to all my brothers and sisters from Mr. and Mrs. Txngent!
One Backwoods Fatboy, One Traeger Texas Grill, just looking for a trailer!
Randy
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Merry Christmas to All of You, and Your Families.
May Your New Year Be Filled with Common Miracles.
dj
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Gator wrote:Howdy,

We at the Texas BBQ Forum would like to offer a warm, heart-felt Merry Christmas out to you today. And we do mean CHRISTmas. Its the time of year when we think about friends, loved ones and especially those who serve us and people in need. If you get a chance - help someone out this Christmas; a kind word, prayer or maybe just an uplifting hello and smile will go a long way. And if you are blessed - you are blessed for a reason - so be a blessing to someone else. Not only will they appreciate it, but you will feel good too. So, Merry Christmas from us here at the forum, reach out and bless someone today and help us spread the true spirit of Christmas.

Our hearts go out the the family of JamesB this holiday, yall are in our prayers. RIP James.

A little over a year ago my wife and I started a charitable organization because we saw folks in need. Today I delivered toys to a father of 3 to put under the tree ( a little cedar he got from a vacant lot) so Santa could live on. Yesterday they had no food, no money, no transportation and past due utilities due for disconnect. Yesterday most of those issues got resolved others soon. Then we visited a little guy for his first birthday and delivered a red firetruck that he wanted. Last year this Christmas baby was to go home to no heat, no crib etc.. Of course that didn't happen he went home to a warm fully equipped nursery and his parents had a much better Christmas. Then I delivered a smoked turkey to the police and fire crew that had to be on duty today and tomorrow. Folks if you want a really rewarding life, join us if you can. We get a lot of praise for what we do but the real reward comes from within and there is no better and it can happen all year through.
Y'all have a Blessed Merry Christmas and a Very Rewarding New Year.
Papa Tom and Ms. Midge
tarde venientibus ossa....
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Merry Christmas to all. :D
Jim
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Back at ya Gator, and every one else on the site Have a merry Christmas if your traveling may your travels be safe, enjoy friends and family. Love is the greatest gift and the best part is it don't cost a dime.Give lots away I garentee you will get back more than will ever give.
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Merry Christmas to all.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Papa Tom wrote:
Gator wrote:Howdy,

A little over a year ago my wife and I started a charitable organization because we saw folks in need. Today I delivered toys to a father of 3 to put under the tree ( a little cedar he got from a vacant lot) so Santa could live on. Yesterday they had no food, no money, no transportation and past due utilities due for disconnect. Yesterday most of those issues got resolved others soon. Then we visited a little guy for his first birthday and delivered a red firetruck that he wanted. Last year this Christmas baby was to go home to no heat, no crib etc.. Of course that didn't happen he went home to a warm fully equipped nursery and his parents had a much better Christmas. Then I delivered a smoked turkey to the police and fire crew that had to be on duty today and tomorrow. Folks if you want a really rewarding life, join us if you can. We get a lot of praise for what we do but the real reward comes from within and there is no better and it can happen all year through.
Y'all have a Blessed Merry Christmas and a Very Rewarding New Year.
Papa Tom and Ms. Midge

To me that is the true meaning of having the Christmas spirit.

Once John gets out of the house and I get a job :lol: , I want to do more to help the folks that really need it at Christmas time.

This year we went through a bunch of old clothes that didnt fit anymore. We gave them to a group of folks that distribute them to the homeless in downtown Dallas.

That sure make some feel good to know that I made someones day by putting forth so little. Someone will be warm tonight...
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

newbq USER_AVATAR
NewBQ
Outlaw

Postby NewBQ » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Merry Christmas and an extremely fruitful New Year to all of you! Be safe!

Andy
big ed USER_AVATAR
Big Ed
Outlaw

Postby Big Ed » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:48 pm

A Very Merry CHRISTmas to all,stay safe and GOD BLESS! :santa:
Can't Beat A Drum!!!

Big Ed BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/BigEdBbq
Custom elf Pit (UDS on Steriods)
Water Tower pit
PK Grill
22'' weber kettle
bluz USER_AVATAR
Bluz
Outlaw

Postby Bluz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks and a very Merry Christmas to all here. Just a word as I look back at this year, I and Donna are so blessed for all the new friends we have met, and for all the ones that we havent met yet, but already feel that we know them as well. We both feel, that we couldnt have ask for anything better for Christmas, than this Forum, and the friendships that have been started because of this Forum.
Bluz

Bluz Q and Custom Cooking
Custom Trailer Pit(Mattie)
Weber Grill
Amana Gas Grill
Weber 22" WSM

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”