Tried posting 2 photos 7/25/16 from Photobucket

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Tried posting 2 photos 7/25/16 from Photobucket

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:13 am

Still unable to post pics from Photobucket as a link.

However, if you'll cut and paste them from Photobucket to a folder on your hard-drive or where ever and then use the Attachment Tab, they will post here.

ScratchBiscuits_zps8cxv4ncc.jpg
ScratchBiscuits_zps8cxv4ncc.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 4459 times

Really not that much trouble once you get used to it. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Hang in there folks - working on the issue in between my day jobs.

:)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:29 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Nice, ST, are dem West Texas Digs :?: sure liking those Artifacts too :tup:

north of Del Rio, Texas now called the devils river state natural area, It was a ranch that was donated to the Texas nature conservancy and was bought by Texas Parks & Wildlife affectionally called "bird & turtle" I worked there and have lots of friends there, before a park becomes a park the radio folks which I was one of, would go survey the site and provide communication recommendations to provide comm and safety coverage, this is on the north side of lake Amistad, the artifacts are closely guarded...
Attachments
100_0870.jpg
100_0858.jpg
100_0850.jpg
100_0846.jpg
100_0844.jpg
100_0842.jpg
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Just this side of Judge Roy Beans old hangout, eh ? :D - - - I had some acquaintances that I hunted with from that Country and I sure liked it. Isn't the famous Railroad "Golden Spike Place" pretty close to there? How far is that from the Pecos?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:09 pm

this is 27 miles north of Del Rio off HWY 277, the Judges "joint" is considered west off HWY 90, near Langtry, about 80 miles west.. there is an island in the Rio Grande there that once hosted a fight refereed by Judge Roy...all kinds of crazy stuff has happened out thee, don't know about a golden spike though, I suppose it there was one it has long since been lifted and sold :lol:
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:25 pm

This is what I was thinking of, ST. My friends Wife' parents had a remote Ranch on the Pecos and she road the school bus 3 hours one way to school in Del Rio - - - all of the other kids were Hispanic so she taught them English and they taught her Spanish as they traveled those 6 hours a day - - - amazing, eh?
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: been there done that, except I lived in town, Brackettville... :lol: :lol: :lol:
since were posting pics.. here's ya a few more goodies, the first is the HWY90 Pecos river crossing west of Comstock; then the HWY90 Bridge that is now crossing Lake Amistad then the (water holder backer) cause we cant really post the proper spelling of the device, in construction..
Attachments
hwy 90 Pecos river crossing sign.jpg
hwy 90 Pecos river crossing before amistad.jpg
hwy 90 bridge lake amistad.jpg
amistad dam.jpg
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:34 am

Wow guys, great pics you are posting. This is soooooo different than I'm used to seeing.
Always amazed me how different each state's landscapes are across the country ! Very kool guys.

I must admit tho, after looking at these pics, I need a cool drink !!
That's a lot of desert...

Ok, now I want Apple pie .....grrr
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:39 am

I figured since it is a "test" thread unless Gator says stop, might as well enjoy it and try to be "nice" without all the political Spiro gyro.... :idea:
farther west is more desert than that.... here are some from the Big Bend area.... there is a song about "i've been everywhere" well most places in Texas... :mrgreen:
should you want to go visit Big Bend Ranch state park, go to presidio the follow the 28 mile dirt road to the ranch there are overnight facilities there.. not advertising just letting you know...August is the "rainey" season there, feel like an ice cold wind blowing through a hot place..
Attachments
big bend ranch state park.jpg
bbr.jpg
BBR looking down.jpg
Last edited by spacetrucker on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:44 am

Funny Story bout Pecos River, if I may?

My youngest son and I were out there Deer Hunting and we went a couple days early so we could play tourista and see the sights. The first place I wanted to go was Judge Bean's Museum so we struck out at daylight and no one had told me about the terrain elevation change when you cross the Pecos River WOW - - I bet I sucked in all the available air in the County :laughing7: :D :lol: One minute we were driving thru rolling bare cactus desert plains and then I began to think Columbus was WRONG. Cause we had just driven off of the end of the World :laughing7: :D :lol: I don't know how far "straight down" it was the the River but you could probably parachute off the Bridge there :laughing7: :D :lol: I'm sure the ST, is chuckling at me now pretty good. :salut:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Tried posting 2 photos 7/25/16 from Photobucket

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:45 am

spacetrucker wrote:I figured since it is a "test" thread unless Gator says stop, might as well enjoy it and try to be "nice" without all the political Spiro gyro.... :idea:

Did u purposely say Gyro to make me more hungry ? :mrgreen: :)

Yeah, I agree, life is wayyyyy to short to sweat the small stuff.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:59 am

I used to have a two way radio shop in Brackettville, took a new hire, with me to Marfa, and along the way he kept saying so this is where is it is, this is where he did it, I said what, where are you talking about... he said this is where God put the scraps.... :dont:
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:03 am

We hunted on ?some large ranch? out of Bracketville- - - of course, since I'm a fourth Generation Bowie, the Son and I had to go to the Movie Location of Duke's Alamo Movie - - - passed Tommy Lee Jones and some folks going out as we drove in but nothing more than a wave from them and us- - - my Son would just laugh at me when I would point out different locations on the set and tell him what happened there in the Movie - - - yeah, I'm pathetic at times but harmless. :roll:
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Test
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff