Tornadoes in Texas

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Tornadoes in Texas

Postby Gator » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:57 am

Folks, as many of you know, the severe weather affected folks in Rowlett, Garland and the surrounding communities over the holidays. Many families are affected.

One of the best ways I know to help out is through Operation BBQ Relief: https://operationbbqrelief.org/

Its an easy way to help and help through BBQ. Im going to make a donation, if you can give anything please do.

Your donation will go to buying food - all the workers are volunteers from the BBQ community, many friends of this board.

Thanks,

Our prayers go out to those hit by the tornado.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Tornadoes in Texas

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:16 am

Thanks for the post, Gator, now it's time for us to step up - - - thoughts, prayers and donation headed their way today - - - :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Just donated. It was an attention getting night for sure. We had a lot of wind, hail, and a large wall cloud passed over as our weather radio was screaming itself hoarse. I feel for those hit.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Thanks men. :cheers:
Gator

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:24 pm

I donated, if there is a good cause out there it is named "Operation BBQ Relief" ALL funds go to relief. All help, cookers etc. are volunteered.
I know Big Fish and Bluz from the forum are there and no doubt others.
tarde venientibus ossa....
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:27 pm

:salut:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Done
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
BigDave
Bandolero

Postby BigDave » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:45 am

I donated. And volunteered to help.
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:56 pm

Excellent men, tell 'em you heard about it on the Texas BBQ Fourm! :)

+ THANK You!
Gator

brentski USER_AVATAR
brentski
Cowboy

Postby brentski » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Had a great time working yesterday and going back Friday with Operation BBQ Relief. We drove around passing out individual dinners to utility workers, families and friends helping in the stricken area and I cannot tell you how emotional people are just to get a hot meal (sometimes the only meal for the day) at their doorstep when none was expected. The police presence is very high, but we were blessed to be able to drive into the areas that needed help when others were not allowed. Operation BBQ Relief is an awesome organization with forum members that donate their time to help selflessly (much more than my job allows) or I would be there more, but please consider a donation to this worth cause.
https://operationbbqrelief.org/supporters/
As a side not, if you want to volunteer please sign up and not just show up.

Respectfully,

Brentski
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:36 am

Receiving some really nice media coverage. This is a great thing you folks are doing.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texas- ... 94661.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-ne ... ictims.ece
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:12 am

brentski wrote:Had a great time working yesterday and going back Friday with Operation BBQ Relief. We drove around passing out individual dinners to utility workers, families and friends helping in the stricken area and I cannot tell you how emotional people are just to get a hot meal (sometimes the only meal for the day) at their doorstep when none was expected.
Brentski

BigDave wrote:I donated. And volunteered to help.

:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bryanm USER_AVATAR
BryanM
Cowboy

Postby BryanM » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Guys I can't say thank you enough for all the help and support. Whether in donation of funds, products, or time spent volunteering, it takes it all to set up and do what we do. Seeing so many BBQ people taking time away from their families and jobs to help others is very humbling to say the least. I didn't get much free time to post anything during our deployment, and have only been home a couple of hours (which were quickly spent on a power nap), but I wanted to say thank you as fast as I could to all of those who help us continue our mission.

Bryan McLarty
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:55 pm

wish I was closer and could do more - - - thanks to Y'all also for providing the catalyst :salut:
BigDave
Bandolero

Postby BigDave » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:51 pm

All I can tell ya it is a sight to see and experience! The logistics was over whelming to me, but Bryan, Mark & John just made it look simple! :cheers: :cheers:

Lots of folks on this forum were there during this week. And it wasn't just the cooking that was amazing...to see that prep line inside putting together meals non-stop all day! Very humbling experience is all I can say. So much destruction and yet the community was coming together to help one another.

To see all the volunteers working and those stopping by to donate and the influx of folks needing meals, the salvation army trucks, red cross trucks, police, firemen, OBR trucks & others constantly being loaded with HOT meals is truly a sight to witness. OBR is a finely oiled machine in efficiency!

No better time than now to donate on the website.

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”