Memorial Day - Lets remember those fallen

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Memorial Day - Lets remember those fallen

Postby Gator » Sun May 25, 2014 8:15 am

Folks as we fire up the smokers today and tomorrow - lets remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Without them, none of this is possible. We remember and honor their service.

God bless the families of fallen soldiers - they now carry the biggest burden for our country.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Memorial Day - Lets remember those fallen

Postby bsooner75 » Sun May 25, 2014 8:39 am

Thanks for posting this. It is very important we remember the sacrifices these great men & women made for our way of life.

Prayers of comfort to their friends and families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sun May 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Too many young people gone... :flag:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun May 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Amen. To Dawg and the Gunny and all of you, salute!

Remembering those who came before...

My Dad, veteran and Cold Warrior, P-51 Pilot, USAAC, USAF. Fifty years an aviator. Beloved husband and father. RIP
My uncle by marriage, Ray Golden, A&M '49, US Army, Cold Warrior. Consummate gentleman, father, and husband. RIP
My uncle by marriage, Capt. Jack Golden, 1st Division, 16th Infantry Regiment, A&M '42. Sicily, Anzio, Omaha Beach, the Bulge, Heurtgen Forest. Bronze Star, Silver Star with clusters. Posthumous.
My dad's good friend LB Kern, USAAC, P-47 pilot, 86th Fighter Squadron, 1944-1945. RIP
My dad's good friend Jack Roper, Infantryman, 7th and 3rd Armies, 1943-1945. RIP
My dad's good friend Elmo Walker, helicopter pilot, US Army, Vietnam.
Yoda's dad, Joe Silva, USAF, Cold Warrior. RIP
My friend Cliff Bland, A&M '86, Co-pilot Spectre Gunship, Kuwait MIA since January, 1991. Consummate example of chivalry to others.
My friend Derrick W. Day, Eagle Scout, Fish Drill Team, A&M '84, Captain, USAF, Cold Warrior, engineer, and strategic weapons development team lead, Northrup Grumman, exceptional father and husband. RIP.

All are remembered, none are forgotten.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Sun May 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Gator thankyou we owe much to those familes who have give the most precious treasue to preerve all that we hold dear. Boots Ya'll are patriots too with out the support of ya'll it would be a miserable job. I spend alot of time in reflection this and every Memorial day weekend remembering good men who will remin forever young the laugh and smiles that are but memories of those who know them and loved them. They came in peace and only to have all they had stolen from them by terroists. RIP Never forget!!! 24 th MAU 1/8 23 Oct 1983. To all those who have servednad are serving I raise my glass in salute. Semper Fi
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
Rscollins
Pilgrim

Postby Rscollins » Sun May 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Ol Glory
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon May 26, 2014 12:40 am

My dad was in the Burma campaign. Went off of a mountain road in a cargo truck and lost the front part of his skull -- popped it right out. Several in his squad were killed. He was evacuated and had a metal plate put in. Not expected to survive the infection/fever, but I'm here. He lived another 50 years. :)
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon May 26, 2014 7:54 am

I suggest that Kris Kristofferson got it wrong when he wrote "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose, nothing ain't nothing but its free". Today marks the heavy cost of freedom, witnessed by the ultimate price that our fallen heros have paid.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”