our first fire together, LOL

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:22 am

antaean7 wrote:Steercrazy, that is next on the list ( a prep table) I am thinking it will go to the left, so it will not be close to the fire box. My plans are to add another pad to stand on, I am thinking a cresnt (sp) moon shape infront of the pit. so it will be close to the corner of the "to be" deck which you can see the corner of in the left bottom of picture. Going to add a Herb garden behind pit, in the pic you can see a few potted plants, garden goes there. This is a Blast, BUT it is pulling me away from finishing the hardwood floors in the house. A man has to have priorities! Right?

yeah, and you're gettin em done! :lol:
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:06 pm

I am looking fora place to buy 1/4 or 1/2 a cord of Pecan. It is a task for some reason. I really need to build a wood stand/holder that will keep the wood dry, yet let it breath. I have a few ideas, just need to make sure I am a safe depth for the wod to be stacked in it. I am thinking 12" deep. Most wood is cut between 6-8" in length right? Anyone in the Houston area have a place they buy Pecan? Or hickory?
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:19 pm

Most wood is going to be cut around 16" to 20" or even to 24" length. This is usual length that they cut wood for a fireplace or for a firebox. Most wood racks are at least 24" deep :D
Jim
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:30 pm

That gives me a target then. i will make a holder that is 25-26" deep just in case. Just ned to keep working on a place to buy the wood.
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:58 am

I had to share my updated pit area with you guys. I added more crushed grant and more slate rock to the slab area, and built a small deck to be able to walk around the pit. I will stain it in about a week or so. Since I need to let the treated wood dry alittle. The potted plants in the background are going to be the smaller herb and whatever garden. That is next weeks project. ( maybe)
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:11 pm

That's really looking good. :tup:
Jim
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:15 pm

thank you OSD. I am working on ideas for a prep table that will go to the left of the pit, and will run from the corner of the (to be) deck and run almost to the upright. In the picture you can see where I layed out a few boards to have an outline of the to be deck. Any ideas of what a prep table should have?
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Myself I would want a small sink, having water handy is always good. :D A small sink with a faucet that you put an adapter on the feed lines so that a water hose can be hooked to it. Then you don't have to run water lines. :D A lower shelf for more room and a nice big top. :D
Jim
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:19 am

nice set up!
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:30 am

OSD, I was thinking about a sink as well, and for sure have a LARGE top. I did not think about an having a hook up to use the water hose thou, great Idea. As for draining I could tie it into the draining system I will be putting in soon. ( have alot going on)I was not sure what else I may need. I thought about having an inclosed shelf area below the top but I do not think I would store anything out there, unless I was using it that day.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:01 am

antaean7 wrote:OSD, I was thinking about a sink as well, and for sure have a LARGE top. I did not think about an having a hook up to use the water hose thou, great Idea. As for draining I could tie it into the draining system I will be putting in soon. ( have alot going on)I was not sure what else I may need. I thought about having an inclosed shelf area below the top but I do not think I would store anything out there, unless I was using it that day.

FYI: Just make the hose is "rated" drinking water safe, not all are.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Awesome Antean!! Just make sure you get 'Mama's' to do list done as well!! :lol: (hardwood floors?!) If Mama ain't happy.................. :lol: 8)
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:58 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:
antaean7 wrote:OSD, I was thinking about a sink as well, and for sure have a LARGE top. I did not think about an having a hook up to use the water hose thou, great Idea. As for draining I could tie it into the draining system I will be putting in soon. ( have alot going on)I was not sure what else I may need. I thought about having an inclosed shelf area below the top but I do not think I would store anything out there, unless I was using it that day.

FYI: Just make the hose is "rated" drinking water safe, not all are.

When I was a kid, all water hose's were for drinking! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:51 am

nascar I am with you on the water hose thing. DATS, I had no idea there were hoses that were "drinkable" and not. Like Nascar said, when we were kids they all were. heck, maybe thats what is wrong with me now ! hahahahaha Laura, I know you are right, all I have left is the masterbed room and the master closet. At this point I need her help, and not getting it, so the floors are not getting done. SO, in the garage I go to play and built other stuff.

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”